Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got My Next Gen Console Yesterday

Grff
Grafter

Re: Got My Next Gen Console Yesterday

Quote from: Devonian
As for the Xbox One, it is completely over priced, with less tech compared to the PS4.

Take the Kinect out, and it's probably the same as the PS4.  If you want the same functionality in the PS$, you'll have to buy the move, making it cost pretty much the same.
I'm not sure how it's less tech.  The ram is slightly different, that's about it tech wise, there's really not a great deal difference.
The PS3 was dearer than the 360 but still did well, so I don't think it comes down to the cost.
I've had PS1, 2, and 3, and a 360. I loved the 1 and 2, but after using the 360, then buying a PS3, still found the 360 controller a much better design,  I've also found the online experience better, easier, and more reliable on the 360.
I've no doubt that Sony have addressed these with the PS4, but think I'll stick with MS for now.  I'll no doubt get a PS4 too at some point, but not in the short term.
RichAllen
Grafter

I had a PS1 many moons ago, the controller was great for the old fashioned 2D fighting games IMO, that's one of my very few qualms about the Xbox controller, it's good for most games, but for fighters, the buttons are too far apart IMO.
Devonian
Grafter

Well I have caved in... my PS4is due for delivery on Tuesday... it better be worth it! Oh, and I have Battlefield 4 coming along to.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I had a go on my son's Xbox One on Saturday and I like the controller.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Devonian
Grafter

Ok, I got my PS4 and battlefield 4 today, and I love it!
However, I have a question.. I'm sure it's a newbie thing, but....
When I am in game, there are icons in the top right corner, a globe, which I assume is for internet, a trophy, and 2 people, which I assume is for friends, why are they there, because I don't seem to access them and I haven't been able to figure it out!!