Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Query.

steviebaby1
Dabbler

General Query.

Hi.
I have only been active since last Friday, 23rd, but noticed when playing BF4 on Sunday from around 13:00 till about 20:00 I kept getting the packet loss icon showing up on the gaming screen, even after trying different servers, all of which were set as EU in the server search within BF4.
My PS4 is connected via a wired connection to the PN Router, and the run is only about 15 feet or so. I did not have anything else running such as PC,Laptop etc, or the TV connected either, just the PS4.
I also had some instances later that evening when I plugged the LG TV in, which is a 60" LG 3D Smart TV, 60PH660V with up to date firmware, while watching NOW TV with it pausing and buffering on a few occasions, but apparently that is a known problem and they seem to be getting a lot of flack for it. I am going to try Netflix next week and see how that goes.
I will try BF4 again Sat lunch time, but wondered if there is anything I should do or try in order to resolve this, or do you think this is also a BF4 issue.
I'm getting conflicting info on the PS4 forums, and don't know what to make of it. Some have suggested putting the PS4 into a DMZ, others have said there is no need to if you can connect to games and don't get disconnected and have no voice comms issues either, but others have said they do it because it is better for the console, helps the traffic through and is good for going through the EA servers which are apparently notorious.
What do you guy's think?
Many thanks in advance.