cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gears of War 3: OP updated.

Addnan
Grafter

Gears of War 3: OP updated.

First thing we know there is a femal cog. It is confirmed to be Anya, Rod Fegurson was chatting with fans on an IRC, this is where I got the info from.
Trailer
Features
Rod confirmed 4 Player Co-Op in the Gears IRC, with 4 unique characters. Rod confirmed that co-op includes Marcus, Dom, Cole, Baird and a "variety of other characters"
Story
Set 18 months after Gears of War 2, and after the fourth Gears of War bookThe location shown in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer is a location nicknamed 'Char', where the remains of victims from the Hammer of Dawn strikes are heavily present.
Weapons
The Pendulum Lancer is in Gears of War 3
A Double Barrelled Shotgun was spotted in the Ashes to Ashes trailer. Lee Perry expands:
FWIW, that weapon didn't exist until several hundred pages of the shotgun mechanic thread. That doesn't really give much away, considering the VAST amount of conflicting opinions in that thread; but the opinions in that thread definitely helped shape the weapon.
Haha, I wonder if we could have made a trailer with basically a slow camera pan down a new shotgun and had about the same amount of interest from existing players, hahha.

Character
Dom is now heavily bearded. According to Rod, this is due to his problems dealing with the loss of his wife.
Anya is the female COG soldier seen in the "Ashes to Ashes" trailer. We will learn more on her transition from pencil pusher to soldier throughout the books.
Enemies
Lambent Locust: These enemies mutate and transform as you fight them.
All this info is thanks to Hooligunn and Simburgur on Epic Forums.

Microsoft messed it up and accidenatally revealed Gears of War 3 lol.
This isn't on the UK dashboard, I have a silver USA account so can see it.
After disappointing news that the Epic poster child Cliffy B will not be appearing on Jimmy Fallon tonight, EDGE has provided us all with some interesting speculation. According to EDGE, ” Gears Of War 3 will shake up the franchise’s acclaimed cover system and feature underwater missions for the first time.”

http://mmomfg.com/2010/04/08/gears-of-war-3-details-0408/
Some rumors that have been floating around since yesterday.
So are there any Plusnetters that are Gears of War fans? I am crazy for it.
6 REPLIES 6
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Any Gears of War fans out there!

Oh dear!! a real cock up then on microsofts part, I bet Epic wont be too pleased with them now, Especially when they have been teasing us for so long, Im a fan of the game yes and cant wait for the 3rd installment, Great thread by the way and thats well spotted lol !!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Addnan
Grafter

When I saw it I jumped in excitement. Gears 2 is the only game I play, but yeah Epic will be VERY angry at Microsoft for this.
Whats funny is that EPIC are still saying its a rumour. Gears 3 threads are getting deleted of Epic forums as soon as they appear because posting rumour is against the rule. Its not a rumour anymore  Huh
Steve
Seasoned Pro

LOL of course they will still say that, Im just glad that was not put up on april the 1st!! Grin
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Woody3600
Grafter

Gears 3 = jizz in my pants  Shocked
Addnan
Grafter

If you guys love all games Epic then there is even better news. On Monday Cliff Blezinski Will reveal two new games, one being Gears 3 and the other being a FPS Bulletstorm.
NEWSFLASH: Two announcements about two upcoming games on Monday. BOOM!

http://twitter.com/therealcliffyb
Addnan
Grafter

Re: Gears of War 3: OP updated.

Bump for the new info in the op.