Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming issues over all platforms

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Gaming issues over all platforms

Almost every other post in this forum section is about connection issues/lag. Altho ive only been with plusnet for 7 months now, its only been the past 2-3 months where i have seen a jump in posts regarding problems playing games online.
I just wonder if all these lag issues are down to overcrowding, could it be that plusnet now have lots more gaming customers and things could be starting to hog up abit?
Touch wood ive not had many issues, altho i did have some where ive had to jump gateways, overall i must say im happy with my connection here, but i have a slight worry that things are looking down rather than up for many other customers. Theres a good few people from here that i game with and over the past couple of months ive struggled to play more than 15mins with them because they have lag issues in bf3.
Reading the forums in the gaming section it seams that this lag is widespread over all gaming platforms, lie i said i wonder if its the fact plusnet is growing and maybe we are all bumper to bumper causing some friction.
I must say altho i was not a fan of BT ... i never had problems with gaming nor did i have to jump gateways often. I know Plusnet have made a post about making some changes and installing some new routers but still i see many people still going on about the same issues.
Id be intrested to know what the real reason are for this lag that seams to be affecting all gaming platforms, and whats in place to reduce these known issues. From the gaming side of things, i see alot of negative feedback in games and being honest here these a few of your customers who are saying they may leave and try another isp which im sure plusnet would not want or atleast id have expected them to not want anyone to jump ship.
Btw this is not a rant, is just how im seeing and hearing things lately, we can only hope that everyones gaming picks up and these comman lag posts reduce to nothing Wink
15 REPLIES 15
bobineden
Grafter

Re: Gaming issues over all platforms

Angry  Bump
You are spot on
not had a good game for ages
the end is Near .
ClaretMatt
Grafter

+1 for me, I'm uncontracted and my feet are getting itchy.  Gaming is terrible at present.
Razer
Grafter

I don't see how it can be more gamers. Online gaming doesn't use that much bandwidth. At least, I don't. I could game all day and not even use 1GB. Whether it is simply more customers, per se, and they are affecting gamers, I don't know. Perhaps. I had a terrible night last night, but I don't know that I can blame PN this time. My ping was good and my connection was relatively smooth. I did have hellish lag, though, spoiling every game - but that could have been whoever was hosting the games.
Shewrog
Grafter

I don't think it is more gamers, but there does appear to be something going on, perhaps just more customers full stop, as they have been promoting on TV heavily over the last few months, for example. I hope it stops as I have been very happy up to this point.
bobineden
Grafter

http://www.speedtest.net/result/2531892571.png
this is my test at 20.06 tonight on ptn-ag03
i think the house is full
Blim
Grafter

We need more data. Some games dont use servers to host off or use client side hit detection such as mw and bf3. I've had nothing but problems with those games and I know its nothing to do with plusnet.
On the other hand I've seen a lot of peak time problems and now I seem to be affected by peak times too.
What games are people having problems with and is it just in peak times?
Razer
Grafter

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood - Multiplayer, for me. Can have trouble day time, is often hellish in the evening. Tonight has been simply appalling and I've just given up before I punch the screen.
flaminmoses
Grafter

last few days fifas been tough to play on because of slowing down after first game.
black ops is fine as every after i throttled their hosting port.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Would be nice to get some feedback from plusnet
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Kelly is listening ste  Wink
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112415.16.html
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
JamesM
Grafter

I've just given up before I punch the screen.

+1
Razer
Grafter

Try to look on the bright side, James; you made me laugh. ...
That said before I've even tried gaming tonight. Hmmm.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

TBH gaming for me is variable most nights ok but the odd  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Razer
Grafter

Well I managed to get several games in succession last night, so no problems there. It was just shit for certain players completely spoiling the matches for me with their behaviour. Gets me so annoyed when friends over skype, or such like, play team tactics in free-for-all games. Bad form! I quit after about four games.