cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Online Issues

LastOneStanding

Gaming Online Issues

Hi, ive been with Plusnet now for over 4 years and im having a really bad experience, i got Plusnet internet under the assumption that it was great for gaming. In the last year and a half its been pretty much impossible to game online at all due to lag and connection issues which i think arises from the router i have (Thomson TG585 V7), i have logged into the router many times now to do port forwarding which hasn't helped. Has anyone got any ideas that could help me out as im so tired of constantly fighting just to play online.
3 REPLIES 3
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Gaming Online Issues

Are you using the connection wired/wireless?
Which games are you having issues with?
Can you run this speed test http://speedtest.btwholesale.com then run the Further Diagnostics and post the results?
ghos7em1
Grafter

step 1 get hammer step 2 smack router  Grin if you have a spare router then use that.technicolor routers are poor for gaming.only thing you can try is use dmz but only for console gaming
Mathias
Grafter

notice that you've opened 2 threads for the same topic, so i'll post the response again here as this looks like the better one.
Prob best to raise a fault if your speed has dropped that much. Suggesting tips is pointless if you have a fault.
Once fixed there is another existing thread on configuring your connection/router for improved gaming experience, so prob read that.