Grafter

Games disconnecting from server and really bad lag help needed

Hello Forum
I have had a frustrating time with:
Black Ops 2 Zombies: Solo/Multiplayer
Black Ops 2 multiplayer
BF3
Just for those thinking how can you get disconnected from Solo I'm a PC Gamer
Lag is terrible bounces between 300ms which is sorta playable and 999ms which i cant play at all
All ports are open i have checked everything my end nothing wrong
What i have tried:
Different Ethernet Cable
Different Router
Different ADSL Cable
More Port Forwarding
UPnP
Am i missing anything 
5 REPLIES 5
JamesM
Grafter

Re: Games disconnecting from server and really bad lag help needed

I don't think there is anyone here that can help you mate, I have been suffering for months and there are quite a few other people all having problems too. I have tried everything you have and a lot more. PN seem to be trying everything they can but it is not really making a difference to my problems.  If it is not fixed in another 5 months when my 12 month contract is up then I am moving to another ISP (hopefully using non BT lines) to finally find out if gaming is better elsewhere. The only downside is that I will be probably contracted for 18 months to my next ISP before I can come back to PN if gaming is just as bad elsewhere. I started with Free-online in 1998, then PN bought out Free-online, so this is the only ISP I have been with.
BigTabs
Grafter

My View it's unacceptable plan and simple
All my competitions associated to Online-Gaming has gone out the window
JamesM
Grafter

Which anti virus ot security suite you running ?, I have just got rid of MSE and am trying kaspersky, my ping has gone from 12 to 30 and reading the kaspersky forums (albiet from a few years ago) there seems to be a lot of people saying they are getting disconnected and high pinging with Kaspersky.
I am going to give it a go with BF3, and if my ping is still high using it, then off it comes and I will try a different one. I might go back 5 years and put zone alarm back on  Cool
BigTabs
Grafter

Have already tried disabling it and nothing changes and i normally use AVG
JamesM
Grafter

I have just tried MSE, then Kaspersky, then Zone alarm, and now have gone back to AVG, PN don't know what is wrong mate, so I am still trying to fix it my end, even though there is nothing wrong my end. At least when I am trying to fix it though, I feel as though something is getting done.