cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gamers Package

Grff
Grafter

Gamers Package

I've had a couple of lag issues during some games recently (on Halo 3 and the COD4 Beta), which I usually put down to congestion, especially now that Halo 3 is out there. 
Strange thing is, it was also around the same time as I received an e-mail from PlusNet re their gaming package.  But i'm sure it can't be anything to do with that of course.  Cheesy
Is anyone currently on the gamers package from PlusNet? If so, did you see any decrease in lag or latency, do you have a better gaming experience since moving to it?
I'm thinking of changing to it as it's roughly the same price as my existing package, but as it's got a smaller download limit on it's FUP.
If I changed and didn't see any improvement in gaming then it would be a little pointless changing.
I guess I should ask is there any advantage of this package when using a 360, or is it all just for PCs?
Cheers
Griff
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Gamers Package

Hi Griff,
The package is designed for all gaming traffic, be it PSP, PS3, XBOX, Wii or PC/Mac. Even Linux!
You could always try the new package for a month and if it did not suit you, then you could move back to your old package free of charge.
I'm sure it couldn't hurt to try!
Grff
Grafter

Cheers for the quick reply James. Much appreciated Smiley
I was just looking at http://usergroup.plus.net/070920_bbywcomp3.php and it says gaming is "prioritised" for both my premier and the pro account.
As you say though, I could give it a try. As long as I can change back for free then it's not a problem.
Maybe a silly question, but other than the lower limit on the FUP, the Fiance won't have any speed issues with her web browsing will she. That's the last thing I'd need, lol.
I see it also has static IP which i'd need as I access my PC from various locations. Smiley
Griff
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: Griff
Maybe a silly question, but other than the lower limit on the FUP, the Fiance won't have any speed issues with her web browsing will she. That's the last thing I'd need, lol.

Her browsing experience will actually improve.  *all* traffic is Gold or Titanium on the Gamer package (hence the increased price), so that includes HTTP, P2P, FTP, streaming et al.
B.
James
Grafter

Her browsing experience will actually improve.

It won't actually improve, but browsing will still be at line rate, ie: the fastest speed that your line will allow.
You won't see any slowdowns on any protocols at all.