Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game going under?

Martha
Grafter

Game going under?

In case you hadn't heard, bad news!
As of March, GAME aren't stocking new EA games, That means if you've pre-ordered Mass Effect 3, you need a refund!
Article here!
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-02-29-game-not-stocking-mass-effect-3-or-ea-games-past-ssx
44 REPLIES 44
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Game going under?

Time to spend that last few quid on my Game reward card then! Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Was just thinking that myself...
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Martha
Grafter

That was the first thing I thought, too XD
I've got about £10 on there from buying the WoW headset
[me=Martha]hangs head in shame[/me]
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

That's all I can say Martha Wink
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
David_W
Rising Star

The problem with Game is evident in this picture:

A manager special that is 75p more expensive than buying all the games separately.  Vita is blooming good though, so good they won't let you buy games through the PSN without throwing up an error, maybe I can buy today..........
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Its more of EA is trying to steal Steam sales, so they have their own version of steam now called Origin to sell games with.  Another reason why I won't be buying any EA title
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
David_W
Rising Star

Origin is good, it gives competition to Steam which is always good for the consumer.  It won't result in lower prices mind you, for some absurd reason developers put their digital games on Steam at a higher price than retail boxed versions.  Origin on the other hand can do lower prices (or equal) as it's owned by EA so you'll find Mass Effect on Origin for the same price as Origin from Play.com.  At the end of the day though it's all about DRM and restricting 2nd hand sales, something Game would do, though going to game and picking up a 2nd hand game for *more* than a new game from Amazon or Play kind of sums up their whole sales system (i.e. rip em off).
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I have only bought a couple things from Game over the years, I wont miss them.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
GJenkins
Grafter

Last thing I bought from game was a 3DFX Voodoo 3000 Graphics card so I could play EverQuest at a decent speed - I think I bought the Ruins of Kunark guide book around the same time...
flaminmoses
Grafter

Who is really suprised.
shopto have taken the reigns.
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

personally i use game a lot to preorder  new games , in fact i got my BF3 from them, i am not in favour of digital downloads i prefer to have a Disc hard copy.
tried steam once and not impressed  Angry , and Origin ! is a pile of pooh , its ok if you want to download games BUT why should you have to have it running to play the games  Undecided is beyond me
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

David_W
Rising Star

Quote from: rongtw
BUT why should you have to have it running to play the games  Undecided is beyond me

It's an Anti Piracy measure which has absolutely no effect on piracy.  Common fact, Pirates have a better experience than legit players whose PC's end up being mired with a billion different types of DRM, required to be online to play an offline game etc.  In fact, DRM is getting so bad you have people who will purchase the boxed game and never touch it, instead they download the game and play it like a pirate.
Personally I love steam, I'm eagerly awaiting the new expansion to Shogun 2, with steam trains and stuff!  I'll be able to pre-download it and count down the seconds till I can get my Japanese empire to take over the world!  In theory, possibly, perhaps.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's worth having a quick google as there's a few places that'll sell codes for games on Origin or Steam generally a lot cheaper than stores or Origin or Steam themselves. I got the limited edition BF3 for about £32 on the day after release.
Not sure about ME3 though. I want to play it, but am so hacked off with the way EA have pretty much shafted everyone especially those that have pre-ordered (no hard copies of games or the limited edition with the hard copy book that will now be digital only - absolutely disgusting) that I probably won't buy the thing - unless I do find a code for origin at a price I find acceptable. It'd be nice to have it on steam as that's where I bought 1 and 2 from, but (another reason to be disappointed with them) that won't be happening.