cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Game disconnected

Blim
Grafter

Game disconnected

Getting this all the time now in BF3 "Game disconnected: your connection to the server timed out". The longest Ive spent in a server now is 15mis, connection problem warnings in other games too. I'm also seeing buffer problems with streaming. 3 different gateways are doing this to me?!?

Anyone know if this is dice since the last patch?
5 REPLIES 5
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Game disconnected

have you turned off UPNP on your router ? it helps for bf3 dunno why but  Roll_eyes
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Hi Blim, it looks like there are 2 links into your exchange for fibre, one of which is showing congestion which suggests it would be upgraded.  If you are on that link (50/50 chance) that it could well be the problem.   Dave reckons that BT will have sorted it in a couple of days (normal turn around time) let us know.
Do you have any friends of neighbours in the same area on fibre who may  be seeing the same problem?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Blim
Grafter

rongtw: yes its off, yeah I wont play with that on.
Kelly: I really hope so, this is starting to get annoying. Seen a lot of outage lately  Undecided I don't know anyone who's on BT's link but I'll keep you posted if things get any better.

Thanks.
Blim
Grafter

Thanks for finding that out for me. Would it be helpful if I did some trace tests?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Yeah, get some traceroutes to the server IP addresses.  Do UDP traces instead of ICMP if you can.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager