cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTA V Online: Forever Alone.

CleverPseudonym

GTA V Online: Forever Alone.

Hello  there.
I was bought GTA V for Xmas on the PC by a friend (because nothing says Merry Christmas like virtual wanton slaughter) but I cannot play the online bit of it, regardless of what I try. Whenever I try to get online I'm alone in the city. All attempts to connect with other people fail (I can't enter any populated cities, I can't join with friends in their version of the world. 'Jobs opportunities' pop up frequently from other players but all attempts to join them fail. Trying to join a random job fails. I joined a 'crew' with people I know to be online and the 'enter their world' option always fails.
Having looked at it, this is usually due to something called a NAT type, which I'm given to understand usually a console concern.
To fix this I've tried:
Port forwarding the recommended ports using the Plusnet supplied Technicolor TG582n router.
Port forwarding the recommend ports using the Mcafee firewall (that comes free with being a Plusnet customer)
Putting the plusnet firewall setting to 'low'
Making sure I have no other firewalls active.
Turning on the UPnP setting on the router.
Turning off the UPnP setting on the router.
Turning on 'Game Mode' on the router
Turning off 'Game Mode' on the router.
None of it makes a scrap of difference. Does anyone have any advice?
Many thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Mathias
Grafter

Re: GTA V Online: Forever Alone.

Simple piece of advice, throw the PN router in the bin and get one that is decent for online gaming and opening ports.
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Also might be worth dropping a support ticket in with rockstar, they are pretty good at getting back to you with support .. https://support.rockstargames.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Not sure about the router side of things, i use my own router for connections to the internet ( ASUS RT-AC56U - http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-RT-AC56U-Dual-Band-Wireless-SharePort/dp/B00DYT2MPK/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&... )
btw you do know that you have too play a small part of the story mode first before u can access the online side of the game ?
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

TG582n has a useless browser interface, if opening the ports and using upnp doesn't work you will need to telnet into it and manually open the ports that the game needs
For each port use:
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=xxxx
then
saveall
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November