Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GTA 5 PS3 online not working

Gazzertron
Dabbler

GTA 5 PS3 online not working

Hello,
my son has recently bought GTA 5 for his PS3 and the online part of the game does not work, it just says 'the rockstar game services are unavailable right now', however when I look at the Rockstar website it says servers are online.
I've tried the ususal rebooting the router etc but it is still not connecting. Anyone got any ideas what could be causing this?
Cheers
Gary
5 REPLIES 5
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: GTA 5 PS3 online not working

Hi Gazzertron,
Does your son have any other PS3 games that have an online facility that are having the same problems?
From looking through their support pages it does look as though there have been both updates and cloud server issues that have caused this issue in the past, the latest of which seems to be here. Looking at their service status page, the could services are up across all gaming networks at the moment so that shouldn't be an immediate issue.
If your son is able to play other PS3 games online then it will either be some kind of issue with the game or the Rockstar online services. If he isn't able to play any game online then we may need to look at checking that nothing is restricting the traffic to/from the PS3 on your home network.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I've just tried my GTA 5 and after an update installed (I haven't been on for a while) it went online ok.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Gazzertron
Dabbler

Adam And Strat,
thanks for the replies, I finally managed to sort this with a system restore on the PS3 (which I told my son to do in the first place, teenagers always know best however!).
Gary
xreyuk
Grafter

I don't know if it's still the same, but I had GTA V on PS3, and played every day before I got my PS4 in January. They were forever having problems with their servers. I expect he'll still see it from time to time.
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@Gazzertron - Thanks for the update, glad to hear that you've managed to resolve this and interesting to see what the fix was  Shocked Not something I would have suggested but one to remember for the future!
@Xreyuk - They seemed to suffer with the online side of the game for quite some time with this game, I remember the problems they had at launch which made the game unplayable for most  Undecided