cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Friend request spam?

Razer
Grafter

Friend request spam?

I'm new to online gaming and since playing Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood mulitplayer (on PC via their Uplay thing) I've been getting several friend requests. The thing is, many of these are from people that I have no recollection of having played. Indeed, when I check recent players, they are not listed. Many are from people I have only played once, for ten minutes.
What's the deal with this sort of thing? Is it normal for online gaming to get tons of friend requests from people you have no idea of who they are and have never played them? Is it like social networking sites where some people like to gather "friends" so they have a large list? Or is it the case that having a certain number of friends on your list facilitates the servers connecting you to those people so you get gaming sessions going more quickly?
Also, how do you deal with idiots in gaming sessions? I've had two that I really wish I could block from getting into games with me but I can't seem to find any such feature with the game or Uplay.
2 REPLIES 2
JamesM
Grafter

Re: Friend request spam?

Some people like to send hundreds of friend requests Razer, best to just ignore them if you do not know them, you gain nothing from accepting their requests.
As for idiots in gaming, come over to BF3 and see how many there are. Unfortunately we are all stuck with them, whether they are abusing, being racist, spawn killing, bunny hopping, being a sniper, you are stuck with them. Either leave the server and find a different one but then you will eventually get them on there too.
Razer
Grafter

Re: Friend request spam?

Yeah, I have just been ignoring, or rather just refusing the friend requests from those I don't know or have only played once. I just think it's a bit weird to send them if you haven't played several games with someone and they've been really good games, and only then for the purpose of getting into more games with them.
As for the idiots, I kind of thought I probably wouldn't be able to block them. I'd just rather not have the hassle of them being there in the first place, though, especially if I'm in a good session and maybe even doing very well and they join and disrupt me. I'd rather not have to forego a good session and maybe score just to quit to avoid them.
I guess by what you've said I'm lucky to have only had two, and relatively briefly at that.