Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frame rate / stuttering

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Frame rate / stuttering

My son has taken an interest in doing some pc gaming . I replaced his graphics card from an AMD R7 250, to an AMD RX570. He's playing star wars battlefront, but can only get playable rates on lowest settings and reduced resolution. His monitor native resolution is 1980 x 1080. 

His system specs are... AMD athlon 2 x3, Gigabyte GA970aDS3p motherboard. 8gb ram, and the aforementioned GPU. 

I didn't think these specs were that bad, and I would have thought that he could've run at medium settings at 1080p, with the graphics card I got him.  I suppose it's the CPU that's holding things back. At the board supports am3+ any suggestions, or other advice to get frame rates up at higher resolution.

3 REPLIES 3
ollay

Re: Frame rate / stuttering

He will need a much better CPU, as Battlefront is very CPU intensive. Since it supports AM3+ you should upgrade him to one of the FX series processors

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks. Any gaming preferences to the fx range.... I suppose some more memory wouldn't go amiss....
ollay

FX-8350 would be best. You can get them for about £100 on ebay. I'd recommend getting a decent cooler for it too if you haven't already, as they apparently get pretty hot. The Coolermaster Hyper 212 is one of the best air coolers for the money and is £25 on Amazon.