Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finally got Borderlands 2 for PC - good game but

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Finally got Borderlands 2 for PC - good game but

It has a number of issues, mainly down to it being written for consoles mainly and it has co-op.
Loot is not persistent due to the co-op feature, loot any ammo box and it has nothing you need you at that time, you cannot go back to it as it will be removed once you move away to clear an area and won't respawn until the hostiles you killed are again them selves respawned.  With the limited amount of ammo you can carry, very frustrating, which in turn means you have to carry every weapon type or not have enough ammo to get you through mission area's unless you cheat.
Enforced console hostile respawns, they are far too quick in my books.  Clear an area of all hostiles and run out of ammo due to the above and you goto an area to buy ammo and then go back to do the next objective and they have respawned.  Leaving you no option but to fight through them again until much higher a level in game so you can survive the chicken run as you can lose agro but only if you can survive getting hit from all sides.
Weapon/shield/class mods etc stats don't level with you.  Every 3 to 4 levels you will need to find a replacement Weapon/shield/class mods for you current set, as the hostiles them selves do level with you so you will soon be out gunned, again unless you cheat.
No class specific weapons at the start of the game, play the sniper you get a pistol, play the gunserker you get a pistol, play a siren you get a pistol, see a trend do you 😕  Neither can you buy the harder hitting weapons at the start of the game, the sniper rifle and rocket launcher are not provided via vendor terminals or mission rewards until further in, rocket launcher ammo which is very rare loot is not until Much further in to the game via vendors
So I hate to say it but good game but it requires one thing, a game save editor to edit the amount of ammo you can carry and make weapon sync to your new level.  I won't post a link to one but google is you friend.
That being said editing in more ammo it is still a hard game for all that and it plays well and looks very good, a rarity these days.  Good game play and good graphics don't always come hand in hand any more.  Also plays surprisingly well maxed out on my 5 year old pc, so I don't think the pc port has any higher grade textures and it is showing as DX9 on launching, not DX10/11.
One final mention if buying it as a present for kids, don't it has content that simply isn't suitable, torture being the lesser of the evils.  It is definitely a 16+ game.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November