Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Fantasy XI

fingleburt
Grafter

Final Fantasy XI

Hello all,
Well I dont know if you PlusNet bods have been tinkering again with your ellacoyas but as outlined in my previous post in the old forums:
http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52688&highlight=
The very same problem has reared its ugly head again making the game unplayable. I'll start a ticket just like I did before, here we go again.
12 REPLIES 12
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Final Fantasy XI

Hi there,
Could you provide us with a wireshark capture and we can check it is being picked up correctly by the traffic management system. We also have the wireshark help in video format
If you could supply the port addresses this uses too it will be helpful.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
fingleburt
Grafter

*Bump*
Well this is still borked, it had cleared up for a week or two but the last couple of days have been intolerable! Ticket ID 23212616 for anyone that cares. All relevant ip/ports are listed in the referred ticket ID.
Grats, well done PlusNet  Angry
dragona
Grafter

Also haveing major issues with FFXI, couple of weeks back i was getting disconnects almost every few minutes, everything got normal again .. now its gone so that i can barely move around, if i do people see me teleporting. 8 second lag on actions etc :<
Thought it was my end at first, but have all relevant ports forwarded my end. seemed to have kicked in after the last maintainance they did. may just be a coincidence though.
Gmonkey

Quote from: dragona
Also haveing major issues with FFXI, couple of weeks back i was getting disconnects almost every few minutes, everything got normal again .. now its gone so that i can barely move around, if i do people see me teleporting. 8 second lag on actions etc :<
Thought it was my end at first, but have all relevant ports forwarded my end. seemed to have kicked in after the last maintainance they did. may just be a coincidence though.

my and my GF play and where getting same thing, mass lag when doing anything, i have a ticket
"ID: 23198110"
i sent wireshark info to you guys, this only happened afetr the server maintenance what  SE did, idk what they done but its messed up FFXI with you guys, maybe the changed the Ports or changed there IPs, im only saying this because this has happened before with plus when the expastion pack came out i had to go around collected server IPs for the server i play on.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm sorry that you haven't had much joy on this as of yet.  I'll try and get some movement on the ticket for you.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

I've answered both your tickets guys. Looks from your Wireshark captures that the traffic's not being identified correctly. This and the fact that our network's so out of balance at the moment is what's causing you problems.
We'll try and get it fixed for you as quickly as we can.
Edit: Quick update - We've done the work required and we're just awaiting change control sign-off before rolling the changes to the live platform.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

This should be fixed now guys. You may need to disconnect and reconnect before the changes are applied though.
Let me know how you get on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

philjitsu

Hi, not sure if i should make a new topic for this but it seems to fit in here.  Playing FFXI fairy server tonight and getting terrible R0 lag, game just hangs for 2-3secs then everything goes back to normal.
Making it very frustrating to level, any idea on what could be causing this?  Had a problem about a week or so ago where i was unable to connect to FFXI past the playonline viewer screens just wouldn't connect at all, that fixed now but this has now started.
Philip
James
Grafter

Hi Philip,
Is this still a problem for you?  Obviously the 3 second lag would be, but I wonder if you are still suffering poor latency when playing tonight or over the weekend?
If you do, could you try going to http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway and let us know what it says?  Also if you try rebooting your connection to try and get onto a different gateway, this may also help.
I posted about a problem on one of our gateways last night, which you can see here:
http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1195166947.htm
philjitsu

Thanks for the fast reply, checked that page, says I'm using the "Telehouse North, Juniper 2" ptn-ag2.  Tried leaving router off for 15mins and have logged back on still seem to be getting some problems, and says im still on the same gateway.
Seems I'm actually having more of an intermittent connection problem though as its affecting webpages as well.  Any ideas of what i should check?  The router is plugged into the main BT phoneline, haven't made any changes to software or hardware for my pc recently.
Thanks,
Philip
James
Grafter

Hi Philip,
I would certainly suggest trying to use a different microfilter if your physical connection is dropping.
philjitsu

Ok going to try this, I'll post later seeing how it gets on.
Cheers,
Philip