cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Fantasy 14 (Online)

David_W
Rising Star

Final Fantasy 14 (Online)

It's confirmed at E3 that next year SE will be releasing FF14 - Online to the unwashed masses (MMORPG'ers).  I'm sure PN will be quick to add the game to its list of gaming traffic, but has anyone seen the required specs for it?
Actually thats a no, they are not out yet, but the guy from SE stated it would need cutting edge modern technology, the latest current available (in 2010) directx version, and will be set to run well on average PC's... in 5 years time!
It looks totally gorgeous. http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/ has a preview.  Whilst it won't have more players than WoW (lets face it, if it *needs* an i7, it won't have any but the hard core!) it's still a game I'm waiting for with more desire than the world cup!
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Final Fantasy 14 (Online)

Looks incredible.
But isn't the male character Rush Sykes out of The Last Remnant?
David_W
Rising Star

Re: Final Fantasy 14 (Online)

He's the generic "human" character from FFXI, lemme see if I can find the youtube link (assuming they let you watch youtube at work!)

; you'll find the character towards the end of the movie.
It does look fantastic, most of the stuff there are cutscenes but some parts are actual gameplay.  I play FFXI and the linkshell I'm in has a person who is usually the calmest person you can imagine who probably never swears, I showed her the video and for the first time in about 3+ years she actually swore!
One of the current rumours is that there is no leveling like we know it, some speculate it'll be like UO, others speculate that you work on your weapons which increases the power of your weapon and later on unlocks jobs based on how good you are with that weapon (i.e. start with a sword, later you can unlock katana, great katana, start with axe you can unlock great axe, and the jobs that go with them).
World wide release in 2010 at the same time too, I so dearly hope it doesn't come out during the World Cup >.<