cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifa players....Seasons only. (13 or 14)

flaminmoses
Grafter

Fifa players....Seasons only. (13 or 14)

If you play seasons can you describe your experience with the game online?
Might be worth mentioning the following.
Router...
What firmware....
What division is your level...
Any issues with gameplay...

Thanks.
trying to build a picture to either push PN or ea into looking into.
8 REPLIES 8
JIO22
Grafter

Re: Fifa players....Seasons only. (13 or 14)

As you know mate I mainly play FUT, and I'm sure you know how rubbish my gameplay experience is from my thread.
Seasons generally has the same effects of lag as what I get in FUT, but it is not as magnified due to the speed of the game in FUT being much quicker.
I.E  Passing is poor, reactions are slow, feels like I'm running in treacle, AI of my team mates is shocking, players running into each other and falling over, GK slow to react - hence doesn't save anything, players being hesitant, slow, the opposite player appears totally unaffected and completely outplays me.  The issue is here no matter what time I play, morning, daytime, evening or after midnight.
flaminmoses
Grafter

yeah i know your issues.
but whats your set up?Huh
router...firmware ?
im trying to find out and eliminate certain factors....well as much as i can.

you see i was running dd-wrt on my asus and there is a clear difference in ping times between stock firmware.
its certainyl not the whole issues as ive just found out .
was playing seasons on 14 just now and the gameplays is horrendous compared to drop in matches on pro.
my thinking is pro matches are server hosted so this is clearly a p2p issue.

wanna get some ideas off fifa players on here first then take my search to the other isps....try and find out what they do ...how their fifa players find it etc.
JIO22
Grafter

I'm using a wired connection to my router, the router is the standard plusnet supplied router (Thomson).  I have got a higher spec router by Netgear (in storage at the mo).  For me, upload capping, DMZ's, static ip's and port forwarding etc have made no clear progress in my issues.
To be honest flaminmoses I believe this has nothing to do with routers (IMO).  I have gone from the very basic of routers to a very expensive router and it made no difference.  The issues lie external to our properties.  Millions of people play this game world wide, and I can guarantee 99.9% of these people would't have a clue how to configure routers and would have no idea about some of these things that you have been trying to do with those settings and firmware.  Most people would just plug in, connect and play.  All of my mates have done this and have no issues, when I mention port forwarding to them they have no idea what I'm on about.
Good luck though with getting this info and i hope you can get some decent progress mate.
flaminmoses
Grafter

your probably correct.
i suspect the issue is to do with gateways.
PN thinking that a certain number downloading x amount wont affect stuff like gameing.
gameing is completely anti variable ping...i think constant jumps in downloads on a network will affect ping times especially if thousands of users are going through the same route and so early on in the route.
the jump in customers after they started to market intesnsley must have had some impact.
your casual fifa player probably wont care or even notice the subtleties.
if youve played at the higher level you will easily notice them.
things like turning ....laying the ball off first time and positioniung become really difficult...and to make it worse you see your opponents players manage these so smoothly.
JIO22
Grafter

I completely agree flaminmoses.  Tried FIFA 14 today - exactly the same symptoms  Sad
krs360
Grafter

I've played Fifa 13/14 just fine on Plusnet without any issues - seasons and FUT.
Router... Standard one that comes with PN - TG582.
I have a kinda weird setup - the modem is in bridge mode and then my Raspberry Pi is my gateway/firewall and makes the PPPOE connection. With that being said, it worked fine out of the box.
What firmware.... Whatever it comes with.
What division is your level... Fifa 13 was div 1, Fifa 14 I'm in 6 at the minute.
No issues with gameplay at all my end.
flaminmoses
Grafter

Quote from: krs360
I've played Fifa 13/14 just fine on Plusnet without any issues - seasons and FUT.
Router... Standard one that comes with PN - TG582.
I have a kinda weird setup - the modem is in bridge mode and then my Raspberry Pi is my gateway/firewall and makes the PPPOE connection. With that being said, it worked fine out of the box.
What firmware.... Whatever it comes with.
What division is your level... Fifa 13 was div 1, Fifa 14 I'm in 6 at the minute.
No issues with gameplay at all my end.

what service are you on?Huh
Fibre 40/10  80/20 adsl+?Huh
also whats your ping like?do you check it every day?

im still playign 13 was div 1 winner plus multiple premier cups.
i get certain times when i can barely shoot and the opponents players are clearly quicker than mine.....
of late its not been too bad but the bad connection recently made me drop from div 1 to 5 lol
im slowly working my way up again but still get the odd game where they close down ridiculously fast and with precision and for the whole 90 mins without tiring lol
theres a clear connection disadvantage caused by something.
do you ever get that?Huh
krs360
Grafter

im slowly working my way up again but still get the odd game where they close down ridiculously fast and with precision and for the whole 90 mins without tiring lol
theres a clear connection disadvantage caused by something.
do you ever get that?Huh

That's not connection related.
It's just the scripting that comes a long with Fifa.

EA ruined Ultima Online when they took over the servers from OSI. Look at games like Need for Speed? Losing player speed boost, anyone?
This scripting gives the average joe a chance in any game, lets face it would you play a game you lost 5-0 at every time? This scripting was in the FIFA 10 manual IIRC.
Think about it, how many goals are scored in the 45th and 90th minutes? I saw a game on you tube sometime last year where the guy was 1-0 up and then conceded 4 goals in the "90th" minute. I appreciate this happens in real life, but not in every game.
If you want a laugh google FIFA momentum and FIFA scripting.
Cheers.

Oh, oops, missed the other questions.
Just ADSL through standard PSTN line. If you provide me an ip address to ping/trace route I'll happily help out.