Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifa 16 (PS4) Issues

FifaGamer
Hooked

Fifa 16 (PS4) Issues

Hi,

I'm on Plusnet Fibre and using the Hub One router.

I have a PS4 connected to my router by ethernet cable.

I have the 80/20 package, though when tested at the console its more like 60/8, which is fair enough as the PS4 test is pretty inaccurate. 

The problem is, no matter what I try I am having noticeable issues when playing games, especially with Fifa 16.

I have noticeable button delay and the game just does not run smoothly, it feels clunky, my players often stumble around and passes are often misdirected or wrongly powered, player switching is a lottery and skill moves are often ignored. The thing is, I know this is not just the game because I often see the other side of the game when everything feels right, although usually this is in the early hours of the morning, presumably when network traffic is low too.

I have tried both custom network settings on my PS4 and auto settings and have tried adjusting the MTU too.

I have read a few old threads here and there and the only 'solution' seems to be switching to a new provider, I do not really want to do that, I am generally happy with Plusnet so it's just this issue with gaming and especially with Fifa.

I have tried contacting Live Chat and they are going to raise the issue with the network team, but I just wondered if anyone else has suffered with this issue on Plusnet, or more importantly, does anyone know what can be done to cure it?

2 REPLIES 2
ghos7
Grafter

Re: Fifa 16 (PS4) Issues

i know fifa 15/16 had problems with upnp on bt hubs.i think but could be wrong is that plusnet hub is a rebadged bt hub 5? turn off upnp to see if thats the problem.
FifaGamer
Hooked

Re: Fifa 16 (PS4) Issues

Thank you for your reply.

I've taken your advice and turned off UPNP... It's certainly worth trying.