cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifa 10 on PS3 using Plusnet

mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Re: Fifa 10 on PS3 using Plusnet

Went home, stuck my ps3 in DMZ, lost ALL connection to internet.
Had to do a hard reset on my router.
AWESOME!  Angry
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Ooops. Maybe Santa will bring you a decent router Roll_eyes
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I hope your not suggesting that the routers that Plusnet send out ar utter [censored]!  Lips_are_sealed
Funny i have my own router which i lent to a friend when he joinjed plusnet, he couldnt use his Sky one, maybe its time to get it back!!!
VisualEyes

Hi there,
There is definetley a known problem with Fifa10 head to head online play, most people suffer from getting to the team select screen and then "connection with opponent lost" or "opponent has left the game" or somthing like that. 1 in 10 sucess rate.
Here is a forum on ea website 17 pages of complaints regarding this issue. Thompson router pops up a bit. Regardless of if you are on dmz and port fwded.
http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/fifa-10-sony-playstation-3-microsoft-xbox-360/848902-problems-hea...
banner

Does anyone know how to put my PS3 into DMZ ? Using the router that plusnet have supplied - think its the thompson one? Can't play Fifa10 online at all
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Since owning FIFA 09, not 1 single router has provided consistant results getting connected to games, basically EA's servers are a pile of horse dung!
TheIdea

Hi first post ,
I have recently just upgraded my plusnet package to get the speed i am due to get, unfortunately that is only around 2mb. That being sorted i thought OK, i can finally play fifa 10 online. How wrong i am. At peak times i might as well not even bother signing in to the Psn. From 4pm-11pm my connection seems to be awful but  my Internet works fine so i really don't understand what the problem is.
We all know the Psn Internet connection tests yes? mine succeeds all the way down, gives me a Nat type 2, gives me a speed of 1.6mbps download and 314.6kpbs upload ( just done it as I'm typing) but i still cant play A Pro Ranked match or a pro club game. 1v1 just about works but that's it.
Just wondering if anyone has any ideas about how to fix it or is it down to plusnet?

I have a NET GEAR DGN2000 router if that is of any help also.
Graeme
dvorak

Hi Graeme,
Welcome to the forums Smiley
FIFA isn't the greatest game to test online play, do you have other you can try? Also what package are you on?
Customer / Moderator
TheIdea

Hey, mm Cod4, Cod world at war and Cod Mw2 all work fine, a bit  jumpy recently but work fines 90% of the time with no lag at all. But after 11.00 at night till the early hours Fifa works fine, just noone i play with is on ... Sad
  im on this : PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 2 with included 15GB bandwidth
Thanks for the quick response Smiley
dvorak

Sadly I think it's likely to be a EA server issue if all else is OK Sad
I've given up on FIFA, partly because the online experience sucked so much when everything else works fine.
Customer / Moderator
TheIdea

Ive been round to three of my mates houses that live near me, one a 2 minute walk away. He has the same speed of connection, and his works fine all the time. He is with BT and so are the other two i tried....
TheIdea

Anyone any ideas?  Cry
VisualEyes

same hear I thoght it was the Thompson router causing the problems, but you say you have the netgear, which is the one i was going to get. I have a bad connection to psn as well the speed tests are not good but my internet is fine on my pc. I have opened ports for psn and fifa10 but makes no difference.
VisualEyes

BUMP