cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fifa 10 on PS3 using Plusnet

Parry

Fifa 10 on PS3 using Plusnet

Hey Guys
Anyone eles having issues trying to play online with fifa 10?
I can very rarely connect to a game and if i am able to the lag is unbeliveable!!! Embarrassed
I have never had a problem until i moved over from sky to PN Pro
28 REPLIES 28
Euge
Grafter

Re: Fifa 10 on PS3 using Plusnet

Ironic really because me and another plusnet user itfcdan have played a few game together with no issues but when I play my mate on his sky broadband he is a bit laggy.
There have been some ping issues recently but aparently they are on the way to being sorted out.
goberpiles
Grafter

I found that Fifa was unplayable on the PS3 using PN unlimited, I have Pro traffic managment and no problems now.
ITFCdan
Grafter

Quote from: Euge
Ironic really because me and another plusnet user itfcdan have played a few game together with no issues but when I play my mate on his sky broadband he is a bit laggy.
There have been some ping issues recently but aparently they are on the way to being sorted out.
Hi m8, good games too hey!
The only probs i had were the disconnection issue which has now been patched , last weekend pings were abit higher than normal for plusnet but that seems to be resolved now.
OP have you put your ps3 ito DMZ if not then do it, opens all ports  Smiley
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

I can only connect about 1 in 8 times on PS3 Fifa10
Its annoying to say the least!
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

Actually having a look at this whole DMZ malarky....again!
Does this still apply if my PS3 is wired, there is no option to out PS3 in DMZ in router setup, only wireless devices???
scootie
Grafter

wired, wireless its the same. what dmz'ing does is basically switch the firewall off on the router for that ceratian local ip adddress.
thoe on the PN suppiled thomson, the thomson guys have complicated the system by having to the assign the wan ip to your devices instead and when i tried this here it knocked the net off for every devices on the local network including the xbox that had the public ip address.
if you have the thomson i belive this option is on the game sharing page at the bottom called assigen wan ip to devices or public ip. if its not on the game sharing page its defo some where at the bottom of one of the pages
netgears handle dmz'ing beautifuly. you just enter the lan ip you want and thats it
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Yeah I'd go along with Asbo, the PN Thomsons don't appear great for no uPnP gaming - very easy to put my PS3 in the DMZ on my netgear.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

When i click that button i get a drop down list, but its ALL wireless connections, my PS3 is not there?
scootie
Grafter

@any body
will setting a port forward rule up manuly to open port 1 to how ever high they go( :-\) not give the same result as dmz'ing?
scootie
Grafter

is your ps3 switched on and connected when you search for it
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

No im at work just now, that help you think?Huh
Incidently, if i cant get DMZ to work and i have to open ports manually, does this look ok?Huh
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Not exactly.. DMZ you effectivley place your bit of kit outside the routers firewall etc so all ports are exposed to incoming connections and there are no restrictions. Port forwarding is handled by the NAT router and any call to that port will be forwarded always so if you have 2 applications on different boxes using the same ports for incoming connections you could be screwed.
I think.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
scootie
Grafter

sounds logical adiewoo ( i suppose you have to know more about ports when owning a ps3  Smiley )
doh think asbo think  Smiley
yes the thompson does allow ethernet ip's to be placed on the public ip, i should know i did it my self. just hope you get it to work on your network unlike mine. my xbox got the public ip but it was a no go but i didnt try to solve why i had no internet.
so yes you need the ps3 switched on and connected to place in the dmz
mrmarkus1981
Grafter

In that case i will give it a bash when i get home, its annoying not being able to play friends at FIFA, after all thats the point of it all really!