cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre optic just for xbox live?

daddycoolj

Fibre optic just for xbox live?

I'm happy with plusnet's broadband in every way, download speeds are not important here (fast enough) but I'm tempted to switch to fibre optic simply for gaming on xbox, what do you guys think? Would I notice any difference or should I just put what appears to be a little bit of lag down to being an old duffer whose eyesight is not what it used to be?
And would the new router sort out the stoopid strict nat issues I have with MW3? I'm following the telnet thread elsewhere on here and seem to be sorting the nat issue now. It's the Thomson router that's at fault as others I know with the same router have the same problems and those with netgear are fine.
2 REPLIES 2
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Fibre optic just for xbox live?

Hi,
You will probably find that the faster Internet connection you get/have the more likely you are going to be hosting games on games such as MW3, in terms of gameplay you probably wont notice much of a difference if you are getting a pretty decent speed anyway. The Fibre routers Plusnet send out are Netgears, which I think handle NAT a lot better and you will probably see less issues.
- Chris
daddycoolj

Re: Fibre optic just for xbox live?

Thanks for that Chris....I'll just be sticking to what I have, it is better to play for the enjoyment, accept I'm an old duffer.... winning isn't everything is it?.... grrrrrrrrr!!