cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fable 3 or Fallout NV?

David_W
Rising Star

Fable 3 or Fallout NV?

Both Fable 3 and Fallout New Vegas are coming out in the next couple of weeks and I can't decide between them!  I managed to get Fallout 3 for £1.50 from a local charity shop (I know, lucky, was £29.99 at Play) and initially didn't like it because it crashed a lot but once I started and got into it I found it to be amazingly good with an excellent story (although the final alien DLC was poor).  Fable 3 though, I loved Fable 2 and Fable, I even have my F2 savegame all ready to continue my holy empire (I seriously can't do evil in a PC game, just RL :P)
There are other games due out too, Gran Turismo 5 for instance, why all around the same time?  It's unfair and I can't decide which to get.
13 REPLIES 13
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Re: Fable 3 or Fallout NV?

Personally, I have Fallout NV on order already, but then I didn't really like Fable II. Well I did like it for a while, but it got very repetitive.
I find the fallout world much more intriguing, and much more open, which Fable II claimed to be but wasn't at all really.
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

If Fallout New Vegas is same as fallout 3 I will wait, which I as glad I did with Fallout3 and got the enhanced pack with all DLC included.  For me Fallout3 was too short without the DLC and was basically a Mod for Oblivion with a few graphic tweaks that cost the price of a full game.
So New Vegas I won't buy till next year once it has some DLC added.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
James
Grafter

Argh!!
Both?  At the same time?!
I want Sad
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Fable 3 for me, Have had It pre-ordered for a few weeks now.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
David_W
Rising Star

It's all games that suck the life out of a person too.  Fable 3 if you do the side quests and what-not can easily last tens of hours, Fallout, again if you do the quests or are an item gatherer, tens if not hundreds of hours (throwing in more aspects from Oblivion like harvesting plants too).  GT5, well, that game can absorb the whole day if you're not careful, especially if the 24 hour marathon actually lasts that long.
There are others coming out too, great news for gamers, bad news for bank accounts.  I may pre-order on Steam, I wonder if it'll release US time and not UK?
James
Grafter

If you pre-order on GAME, they generally get delivered day before release.
Definitely Fable 3 for me, but I want both Sad
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Shopto.net send the game out early to, Usually get all mines on the thursday.
Moominfish
Grafter

Quote from: Gus
If Fallout New Vegas is same as fallout 3 I will wait, which I as glad I did with Fallout3 and got the enhanced pack with all DLC included.  For me Fallout3 was too short without the DLC and was basically a Mod for Oblivion with a few graphic tweaks that cost the price of a full game.
So New Vegas I won't buy till next year once it has some DLC added.

Fallout 3 was too short without the DLC, were we playing a completely different game.........................lol, I thought Fallout 3 even without the DLC's was a VERY long game and definitely NOT just a Mod for Oblivion with a few graphics tweaks, Fallout 3 is a far superior game than Oblivion but that's just my opinion.
Quote from: David
It's all games that suck the life out of a person too.  Fable 3 if you do the side quests and what-not can easily last tens of hours, Fallout, again if you do the quests or are an item gatherer, tens if not hundreds of hours (throwing in more aspects from Oblivion like harvesting plants too).  GT5, well, that game can absorb the whole day if you're not careful, especially if the 24 hour marathon actually lasts that long.
There are others coming out too, great news for gamers, bad news for bank accounts.  I may pre-order on Steam, I wonder if it'll release US time and not UK?

You're right about Fallout 3 being tens/hundreds of hours if doing all the side quests etc, I loved Fallout 3 and the DLC's but I haven't played all the Fallout DLC's yet! The only one I haven't played is the alien one.
I've got Fallout New Vegas on pre-order with Game as well, the £49.99 collector's edition Cheesy
NSavage

Personally, I went for Fallout NV.  I'm enjoying it, but I can't help but feel it's getting dated now.  I played it for a couple of hours and it just made me want to play Red Dead Redemption again.  Which is just as good as I remember Wink
James
Grafter

I got both.
Finished Fable 3 in 10 hours the first time and then did it again with more of the side quests and buying loads of property.  That took 12 hours.
Got bored 😕  Really enjoyed the game, but for £40 I expected it to last me a bit longer.
I'm still rubbish at Fallout Sad
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Agree with you there jameseh, I bought fabl3 and was quite disappointed with It myself, Have kept the game though and will play It again.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Enjoying New Vegas, though not played it as much as I played Fallout3, splitting my time between NV and F1 2010 at the moment.
NSavage

F1 2010 - now that's an amazing game...