Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

JIO22
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

Copied from  my post regarding FIFA issues:

Hi,
I haven't been on FIFA for several days... Tried it tonight and it was terrible gameplay, the lag was still in place but it has got a very unstable/eratic/juddery feel to the gameplay on these games tonight. 
Needless to say, but not enjoyable and so frustrating, again the opponent was not effected by this at all and effortlessly pinged the ball around, out paced my players, out witted them, responded quicker, shot quicker, tackled me in a instant blah blah blah..... I just could not keep hold of the ball, every shot he had was a goal as my keeper was to slow to respond to anything.
Noticed my speedtest on speedtest.net is very erratic/all over the place, ie one minute im up at 12meg d/load then do another test and it's bouncing from 2 meg upto 8 meg then to 10meg then back down to 5 meg.

Please someone wave a magic wand at this for me  Undecided
JIO22
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 PS3 Online Lag - Please Help!!

Also getting very high pings, done a trace route and was worried by the results.
Attached below.
JIO22
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

Below is the traceroute as well, doesn't look good...
Any thoughts guys?
JIO22
Grafter

Any news yet guys or help on this?
Gameplay still poor, traceroutes not good and also basic speed tests are sporadic and all over the place.

Thanks.
flaminmoses
Grafter

only news is mine has gone bad again.
keep gateway hopping and thats not really doing anything.
PN must be having problems in the network
lowlatency
Grafter

SHOULD HAVE POSTED MY MESSAGE in here instead:
Look please this is just getting stupid  Angry these issues have been happening from the very beginning from when i have joined plusnet and l refuse to do any more bloody gateway hopping.
im paying £29 a month for a crappy 3 bloody meg internet connection that is more shocking than talktalk, and that is seriously saying something!

JIO22
Grafter

Yeah I share your concern.  Also not cheap price to pay.
I have been with plusnet for some time now, I left my previous ISP because of these very similar issues, all was good when I moved over to plusnet.  Now though, is a different thing altogether, gaming (FIFA 13) is pretty much unplayable, also have horrendous lag on MW3, although I do not play this game that much so not effected by this as much as FIFA.

Hopefully some feed back will come soon on why all the problems: traceroutes and speed tests are all over the place for me now.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Is there any sort of latency/ping/lag measurement on those games?  I know WoW has a little monitor?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
JIO22
Grafter

When you are at the team screen where it shows the opponent you are playing, there is a latency "bar graph" here.  1-3 bars depending on the so called latency, 1 bar being the lowest and is red in colour, 2 bars being orange and 3 bars being the highest and are green.  This changes depending on, I guess the latency between the 2 players.
Generally when playing, these are usually green, and the lag is ever present regardless.  How accurate a measurement these are I don't know though  Undecided

I don't think there are any other types of measurement within the game, as far as I'm aware.
flaminmoses
Grafter

im getting variable ping.
gamers nightmare
JIO22
Grafter

Played 2 games these evening.  So frustrating on why this is happening.
The games were both totally unplayable from my side, every single movement, pass, run, shot, dribble, just every part of the game was rediculous, this is made much worse as the opponent was playing the game with no problems at all, just complete streaks ahead of me!
It is becoming a joke as to why these issues are here, someone from either plusnet or EA need to put a finger on where the issue is and sort it.
It is frustrating now, and I just switched it off in total frustration, which is totally unfair the fact 1 game can not be played as it is designed to do so.
JIO22
Grafter

Speedtest.net still poor, and erratic, all over the place at the moment.

Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Are you on PCL-AG08 or 09?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
JIO22
Grafter

PCL AG 03.
JIO22
Grafter

Tried changing gateways, I've never tried this before.
Changed late yesterday to pcl-ag04 from pcl-ag03, and tried a few games today, and they were on the better side.  Gaming is not where it should be by any means, but it was a improvement connected to this gateway, the lag is still there somewhat but I can now actually put a few passes together and try to compete in games.
As there has been no answer yet to this "FIFA lag" issue, why would this improve things and could the gateways be a issue here?  From what I have seen there were contrasting differences between the two?
Will I stay connected to this gateway? And is there some other "better" gateways that I can try?
Regards.