cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

JIO22
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

Been reading a few of the other threads here in the forum and the mention of the "unlimited" package pops up a bit, I am not on the unlimited package, I'm on the value package I believe. 
Could this be hindering my progress to find lag free gaming, that I'm on the value package?
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Shouldn't be.  Are you using a TG582 Plusnet router?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
JIO22
Grafter

No not at present.
I had a Netgear DG834v3 for a long time, I did get sent one of the routers you mention and tried it, on several occasions but it didn't help at all, I also tried another router from plusnet and this didn't help.  Purely to eliminate my router and so that I could try the "throttling" of a port as mentioned in either this post or my post I did purchase a brand new router last weekend a Netgear DGND3700v2, which from research is very good, and should easy be able to cope with my requirements.  This is the router I have in place now.

When I had the TG582 in place I had the same changes with the firewall status on FIFA 13 too.
If being on unlimited will help, could you let me know as this can be trialed to see?
flaminmoses
Grafter

you need to do a bit of research on that router imo.
have you all the gameing packets prioritized by the router?
JIO22
Grafter

Hi,

I think the router should be adequate to play FIFA, I hope so anyway.  I done some research before I purchased this one, and although there are probably hundreds of different routers that will do the job I decided to go for this one.  All of my mates generally have a bog standard router and if you mention port forwarding to them they look blank and haven't a clue what this means!!!  And don't even have ports forwarded etc, with a auto setup on the PS3, but have no issues with lag etc.  I have a fairly good understanding of the router and its configuration now.
have you all the gameing packets prioritized by the router?

What does this mean? And how do you do this?
Regarding port forwarding and DMZ this has been tried.  Also in Qos I have setup prioritisation for all ports required on FIFA, some ports on there own, and also mac address for my PS3 and the ethernet port my PS3 is connected to.  Although when on my PS3 in my house there are no issues with others using any bandwidth to cause concern anyway.  Also tried throttling the upload speed on single ports and all ports, the only notable difference this made was I could never host a game.
Thanks.
flaminmoses
Grafter

ack syn and icmp packets are for gaming and on mine they are set to top priority.
saying that i had lag issues before even with them set so thats probably not the issue unless you have your internet being shared same time you are playing.
that will cause lag.
re dmz make sure upnp on the ps3 is off.
dont think i can help further.
re the router some routers just seem to work better imo
ive changed in the past and gameing did change.
ianmarrey

Mine is also terrible. I have an open Firewall, PS3 in DMZ and an unlimited fibre broadband but it was loads better on ADSL with $KY - it is just unplayable with continuous lag throughout the whole game.
JIO22
Grafter

Thanks for helping so far flaminmoses.  I have upnp off in the PS3.  Hopefully a fix for the lag will come soon...
If you think of anything else, drop a post here!

JIO22
Grafter

Hi ianmarrey,
Your on unlimited fibre broadband and still have lag!!  Hopefully there is a answer out here to get rid of this dreaded lag.  I'm not on fibre, but do have constant lag.
ianmarrey

I am not a big online gamer so I don't have much to compare with but I have never had these sort of continuous issues with my previous supplier - putting the PS3 into DMZ has helped a little but it is far from acceptable. I tried GranTurismo and it was fine.
flaminmoses
Grafter

Quote from: JIO22
Hi ianmarrey,
Your on unlimited fibre broadband and still have lag!!  Hopefully there is a answer out here to get rid of this dreaded lag.  I'm not on fibre, but do have constant lag.

i find it strange even if your not on fibre.
as long as your ping times are decent (mine were 13ms on normal adsl)
download was around 6mbs
upload was .4 mbs
on fifa last year the game was superb
won 6 titles and 4 cups.
went to fibre 40/10....things were just as good.
when i went to 80/20 things went downhill gameing wise till recently.
could have been the changes i made to my set up but also could have been another issue.

have you checked you gateway your on now.....reboot router the proper way then check again.
do you turn your router off at night....this could make bt think your line isnt stable.
have you got the cable going intot he faceplate or the master socket inside the faceplate?Huh
inside is always marginally better.
JIO22
Grafter

Hi,

I have tried rebooting the router to use different gateways, and also I leave the router on all the time.  The connection isn't directly into the inside of the BT faceplate now, although I have tried this to see before, but it didn't help and I still had lag.
Yes it could be down to contention....  After, in total probably 18 months - 2 years of having these problems and I have really tried everything I can in my property and I'm certain the issues are external to my property.
Although, I haven't been able to try it over the last few days to check for any improvement due to work etc etc.
lowlatency
Grafter

I see Xbox live as a 'defined game' in the list, but what about PSN?.....or am I just being an idiot Grin  when ever I watch vids on youtube I am just amazed at how the game responds to them compared to the way that it plays for me. Sooooo frustrating
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Yeah. PSN is.  We've verified that the game is captured right, so it's definitely not the traffic management.  Which means it's something broken on our side we can't see, the game itself (some drastic lag compensation?) or perhaps a peering partner upstream of us.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
JIO22
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 PS3 Online Lag - Please Help!!

Hi,
I haven't been on FIFA for several days... Tried it tonight and it was terrible gameplay, the lag was still in place but it has got a very unstable/eratic/juddery feel to the gameplay on these games tonight. 
Needless to say, but not enjoyable and so frustrating, again the opponent was not effected by this at all and effortlessly pinged the ball around, out paced my players, out witted them, responded quicker, shot quicker, tackled me in a instant blah blah blah..... I just could not keep hold of the ball, every shot he had was a goal as my keeper was to slow to respond to anything.
Noticed my speedtest on speedtest.net is very erratic/all over the place, ie one minute im up at 12meg d/load then do another test and it's bouncing from 2 meg upto 8 meg then to 10meg then back down to 5 meg.

Please someone wave a magic wand at this for me  Undecided