Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

flaminmoses
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

your router has to have a QOS section.
one where you can select an ip adress or port (preferably both) and with settings to allow certain amount of data to and fro on the port.
the idea was meant for mw3 to avoid lag compensation.
their servers would use that port to measure speeds and then never select you as host thus applying lag comp.
JIO22
Grafter

Thanks,

So you have throttled the port number as you mentioned earlier and this worked for FIFA as well?
I will be updating my router soon I think, so I will give this a go, it's worth a try!
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

If it works, please come back and let us know Cheesy
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
JIO22
Grafter

I decided to go for a new router...
I have been testing most of the weekend, for me nothing is consistent, I may have a good ish game then the next few are laggy again.  I have been altering and adjusting various settings to try to prove any progress, but with no consistency.  Unfortunately for me, no improvement   :(.
I have tried the qos settings and throttled my upload speed on various ports but no joy.
I find I am always being paired to play against German people, never people from the UK (FIFA 13), and they never have lag, it's always my end???
Any help or ideas of anyone would be much appreciated, to remove this dreaded LAG.
Regards,
Ben.
JIO22
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 PS3 Online Lag - Please Help!!

A copy of my post from the other FIFA post:
I decided to go for a new router...
I have been testing most of the weekend, for me nothing is consistent, I may have a good ish game then the next few are laggy again.  I have been altering and adjusting various settings to try to prove any progress, but with no consistency.  Unfortunately for me, no improvement   :(.
I have tried the qos settings and throttled my upload speed on various ports but no joy.
I find I am always being paired to play against German people, never people from the uk (FIFA 13), and they never have lag, it's always my end???
Any help or ideas of anyone would be much appreciated, to remove this dreaded LAG.
Regards,
Ben.
JIO22
Grafter

Just another traceroute from now for info...  I have noticed the traceroute seems to take a lot longer to complete since using the new router?

Host Name                                                                      IP Address                                Hop                              Ping Time  Ping Avg  % Loss    Pkts r/s    Ping best/worst
* Unknown Host *                                                              192.168.0.1                              1                                        1ms
lo0-central10.pcl-ag05.plus.net                                      195.166.128.186                    2                                        57ms
link3-central10.pcl-gw01.plus.net                                  84.93.249.132                          3                                          17ms
xe-8-2-0.pcl-cr01.plus.net                                                212.159.1.8                              4                                          16ms
ae2.pcl-cr02.plus.net                                                        195.166.129.7                          5                                        16ms
ae2.pcl-cr01.plus.net                                                          195.166.129.6                        6                                        41ms
ae1.ptw-cr01.plus.net                                                        195.166.129.0                        7                                        17ms
* Unknown Host *                                                                217.163.45.181                      8                                        227ms
ae-52-52.csw2.London1.Level3.net                                4.69.139.120                            9                                        91ms
* Unknown Host *                                                                    0.0.0.0                                  10                                      0ms
ae-42-42.ebr1.NewYork1.Level3.net                                4.69.137.70                          11                                      90ms
ae-4-4.ebr1.NewYork2.Level3.net                                    4.69.141.18                            12                                        91ms
ae-3-3.ebr2.Washington1.Level3.net                              4.69.132.89                            13                                        91ms
ae-62-62.csw1.Washington1.Level3.net                        4.69.134.146                          14                                        102ms
ae-13-60.car3.Washington1.Level3.net                          4.69.149.5                            15                                        113ms
ELECTRONIC.car3.Washington1.Level3.net                4.79.169.74                          16                                          93ms
fert07-eqx-iad.ea.com                                                    159.153.224.230                      17                                          91ms
meav5-pub.pt.iad.ea.com                                            159.153.226.105                      18                                            91ms

Regards,
Ben.
flaminmoses
Grafter

is your ps3 ip put into dmz?
also turn off upnp on the ps3
dont connect via plusnets dns servers.
find the best one for you.....youll need to do some googling about this as ive forgotten the program which searches for the best one.
flaminmoses
Grafter

another thing.
make sure you use a cleaning disc to clean the ps3 .
i was continually crashing before i cleaned.....that also may cause lag
JIO22
Grafter

Hi flaminmoses,
Thanks for your help and info on this.
My ps3 is in DMZ, also I have got upnp on at the mo in the ps3 but I have tried this off in the past and it didn't help, although I haven't tried this with the new router, so will give this a go with the new router very soon.
I changed the dns servers too, I'm currently using googles (8.8.8.8.  and 8.8.4.4.).  I have used the software to find the best dns servers, although it did seem to change the result each time I ran the test, so decided to stick with these for now.
Also, I haven't cleaned the inside with a disc cleaner, so its worth a go too and I will try this.
Has your lag gone now?  Are your games all quick and do you host games much with your upload throttled (be the home team)?  Also do you find you play against many UK players?  I always get paired to play against German people, and they never get the lag...  Roll_eyes
It's really annoying having this lag, I wish it would just go now!
Cheers,
Ben.
flaminmoses
Grafter

my dns search came back with 208.67.222.222  208.67.220.220
so i use them.
some of these dns servers can get really busy so that could be an issue.
if you have the ps3 in dmz then you wont need upnp on ....
also forgot to mention the router firewall is off.....tablets and phones (and pc obviously) have their own firewall/virus software.

games are quite quick now.
not much difference between me and my opponent and yes i do play people from around europe....dont think you can just play uk players.

one other thing ive started recently is not sticking with the same side on seasons.
get 3 or 4 and dont play with the same side twice in a row..
JIO22
Grafter

I've done all now, have also changed dns severs from the name bench test, also have done the lense clean for the disc and disc reader,all settings are as good as they can get now I'm sure from my end.
Still the dreaded lag is here.
I can't see an end to this, it'd been 18 months on and off now  Sad
JIO22
Grafter

Still poor gameplay.  I have done all sorts of combinations in the settings for my new router, but nothing changes, the lag is ever present.
Still every game i'm playing is laggy, it doesn't even matter if it's at off peak times.  I'm 100% sure this is not to do with my home network now and is external to me, it's got to be plusnet or EA.
How do I find out, please help. I long to play a game with no lag.... It's been a long time.

Thanks.
lowlatency
Grafter

are you on 'fastpath' or interleaving?
flaminmoses
Grafter

whats fastpath?Huh
adie:quote
flaminmoses
Grafter

whats your speed figures?
download
upload
ping
jitter