Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

I've been playing this via XBOX 360 and haven't had any issues (apart from being terrible at the game).
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
flaminmoses
Grafter

im getting this.
some games are fine.
tends to be early to mid afternoon when its playable.
from 3 onwards i get disconnects or bad matching.
some games are a real struggle to play.
play on clubs from 10pm and usually struggle to get and stay int he servers ...usually about half ten im in.
im on fibre and my ping is very good.
not sure why others have no or few problems especially when the likes of elmander (slow player) can sprint past my whole backline.
fifa 12 was a dream to play h2h mostly compared to this
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Bit of a bump.  I'd like to know how FIFA is at the minute.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
flaminmoses
Grafter

very in and out.
i get spells where my players are fine.
turn on the ball well play passes without them being slow.
other times i can get closed down way too quickly and cant build up play much at all.
seems to change after about 10 mins on the clock a lot from good to bad.....then continue like that intot he next game.
but more importantly there is defo different spells where the game is easier to control the players

on 12 i didnt have this problem although went back to test it recently and it never played like it used to.
cant work out whether its the fifa servers or the change to 80/20
CptBernie

The lag on FIFA 13 is horrendous and has been since around mid december.
I've played maybe 30 games in the last week and only about one or two has been even remotely acceptable. It feels a bit like playing in Slow-Mo.
How do I check where the issue is?
I'd like to add I use a LinkSys router and I have placed the console (PS3) in DMZ.
Edit: I have had the pro add-on for months now... but I honestly don't know what I am paying for.
flaminmoses
Grafter

what i do if i get dodgy gaming is make a note of what gateway im on and then reboot the router within the router webpage.
then make sure its on another gateway.
still normally get issues around 10 pm but still feels like the game is slowing down after 1 game.
CptBernie

hmm new gateway? will try it but I doubt it'll help.
What is weird is about a 2 ish weeks ago I had a full 3-4 days of normal gameplay then suddenly it reverted to laggy slow mo mode. It is as if plus.net is throttling P2P.
dick:quote
CptBernie

Tried your suggestion and no difference   Cry
dick:quote
Chris
Legend

We're going to do some more testing on this game here (any excuse for gaming in the office!) to try and nail down whether the issues are from our side.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
lowlatency
Grafter

yes please! it looks like 2-3 days its ok then the next 2-3 days its awful
CptBernie

This is just ridiculous...Game is unplayable.
As a man in his 30's who work evenings I can't really watch telly as only crap is on. The only bit of fun I have is a few games of FIFA in the evenings. Black Ops II was insanely laggy too, more so than MWIII.
I added the pro thing to my account and it must be the worst spent money ever for me as it has made 0 difference to my gaming experience on any title I have played.
I'm just gonna change ISP. It's not on how I have to jump through multiple hoops taking several days or weeks to find out what is wrong. All I know is it has something to do with plus.net and that is enough.
lowlatency
Grafter

Well I changed from talktalk to plusnet purely for the fact they had that pro add on for gamers but I get exactly the same pings and exactly the same lag!  Angry
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Well, if it's the same, that suggests it could well be an exchange problem, a fault with your line, or your hardware Sad
Chris is a gamer and plays quite a few of the games you guys are talking about and has a normal connection so he should be a good barometer for the quality of he connection.  We'll get to the bottom of it.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
CptBernie

Everything was fine for me til ~15ish december when it all went poo. Since then it has just been pointless playing.
Speedtest and ping test both turn up fine so I cant see any other explanation than traffic shaping.
How long does it usually take before the tests have been done and everything?
I see lots of people complain about game being poor round about the same time (mid-end dec) Did something change then?
Chris
Legend

We've got a playstation coming into the office tomorrow (the one we have there is broken) and we'll go grab FIFA from the shop and get some games done to see what's going on.