Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

flaminmoses
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

ok so turned the firewall off
throttled qos to 10mbs on download and upload.
qos'd the ports and also had the 3 sets of gaming packets prioritised.
result is a fairer if not perfect.
get some laggy games due to dodgy opponent connections but they seem to be suffering as well.
will test it with the same set up when dd-wrt is working properly.
flaminmoses
Grafter

awful today.
1st game starts out ok then from then on the opponent is clearly quicker with all his players.
also on black ops its ridiculous.....
getting seriously fed up with plusnet.
JIO22
Grafter

Not really played much lately due to the impending move....  This will soon be getting tried from a different address.
I did get to try a couple of games earlier though,  still the same anyway with regards to lag!
One thing that was different was my firewall status within the FIFA game was on "Restrictive" (Red).  Normally I have "Open" (Green) firewall, this has gone from open, past moderate and to restrictive.  This was very strange, I have not been on the game, not made any changes to anything yet this has changed for no reason.  In all my years of playing fifa online I have never had a restrictive firewall once, until today.
Can anyone tell me why this has happened, has something at Plusnet caused this to change?
flaminmoses
Grafter

i get this occasionally.
reboot the game and its then back to open.
flaminmoses
Grafter

another shocking session.
opposition players once again quicker at everything.
service is absolutley shocking
JIO22
Grafter

Hi,
Having moved into the temp place now, I have tried connecting my PS3 to the b/band and trying FIFA....  I need some help here to get me back up to speed to where I was with the original investigation.
Here's my issues now on the new Plusnet b/band:
1.  I am not using my Netgear router here but using your trusty Thomson TG585 v7, how do I get my PS3 in the DMZ on this router?
2.  I can only get NAT type 3 (strict) on my PS3 for internet connection, I need this to be type 2?
3.  I had terrible trouble trying to get one single game, as the latency was red and my opponents just left the screen because my latency is so poor.
4.  After spending a while to get a game.  I did get one and the game was totally rubbish.  Much worse that at my previous property, the lag was beyond belief, but worse than this my players were uncontrollable and not responding.
5.  I was always placed as the away team (rubbish u/load speed).
Here's some basic stats:
D/load 1.52mbps
U/load 0.34Mbps
Ping 60ms
None of the above surprises me, and I had a feeling this was going to happen, to be able to get back to the normal issues I could do with some help to get these new probs sorted please?
Regards,
Ben.
steveuk
Grafter

I blame the thomson TG585 v7 for most these issues and the reason i say this is because when i was with o2 i had that same router and fifa was always firewalled and there was nothing i could do to make it work right, Forwarding ports made no difference at all, o2 finaly sent me a new router and fifa started working fine again (pc version).
Now with plusnet fibre using the technicolor router < this is the same as o2 sent me and fifa works fine.
I do not believe the thomson TG585 v7 supports DMZ mode at all nor gaming mode.
flaminmoses
Grafter

something up with the nat of late.
ive had all 3 nat types over the last few days.
nothing changed on settings bar turning off upnp on the router.....its already off on the ps3.

game seemed to be working a little better but then yesterday the old "opposition players " closing down and running visibly faster all game" came back
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: JIO22
1.  I am not using my Netgear router here but using your trusty Thomson TG585 v7, how do I get my PS3 in the DMZ on this router?

Quote from: steveuk
I do not believe the thomson TG585 v7 supports DMZ mode at all nor gaming mode.

Can't the PS3 be placed in the DMZ by navigating to Home network > Devices > Assign the public IP address of a connection to a device?
Gaming mode isn't in the GUI, but it can be enabled with some tinkering.
2.  I can only get NAT type 3 (strict) on my PS3 for internet connection, I need this to be type 2?

Not sure if that's a product of the router or due to the observations @flaminmoses has made recently.
3.  I had terrible trouble trying to get one single game, as the latency was red and my opponents just left the screen because my latency is so poor.

Sad
4.  After spending a while to get a game.  I did get one and the game was totally rubbish.  Much worse that at my previous property, the lag was beyond belief, but worse than this my players were uncontrollable and not responding.

Is your speed latency considerably worse at this property? Are you in a position to try the Netgear and see if it's comparable to the last place?
5.  I was always placed as the away team (rubbish u/load speed).

If you've been provisioned on the 21CN network then we can uncap your upload on request. Not sure what sort of increase you'd see mind you given your modest download speed  Undecided
You'd need to raise a support ticket requesting this.
Regarding the FIFA issues overall, we've a couple of theories...
The ping site used for game matching is determined when you load the game as opposed to when you start the multiplayer. We've a suspicion we're either being matched to the wrong ping site, or the ping site isn't reporting the correct latency/can't determine the latency.
When game matching takes place we've seen loads of uPnP errors from the 582n router. Looks like it tries opening a load of ports but this fails and subsequently doesn't match you with local players.
The second 'issue' can't be the main culprit because we've people in this thread using different routers and others who have UPnP switched off or have the PS3 in the DMZ. The first issue we need to do some more digging into using Wireshark.
Another option of course is something at EA's side.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

JIO22
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks Bob.  I'll have a look into this, my Netgear router is now in storage so difficult to get at, I think however I my be able to locate one of the other plusnet routers that have been sent to me in the past, if so, I will try one of these in place and see if this helps get rid of some of the problems surrounding DMZ, NAT types, gaming modes and ports.
My latency is worse here than that of my previous property, however James B did add 'several' things to the line (over the last 2 years of this ongoing) to try to help, this maybe making the difference and ideally would like these back in place on the address where I am now.
Thanks.
flaminmoses
Grafter

strange thing is bops 2's nat says open always
reece251
Grafter

horrendous online games today. everyone is quicker than my players and i dont understand how this problem has not been fixed for ages this is geing beyond a joke for me. i thought you had some news not so long ago?
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

Anyone able to run a Wireshark from the Playstation (we were going to do this here but we're having issues with our PS3). I need a capture doing the following:
Start capture
Switch on PS3
Start FIFA
Go to online matchmaking
Start game
Stop capture 10 seconds after kickoff
This should give me enough information to determine if one of the things we think it could be is or isn't the cause of the problem.
If anyone is using a Technicolor router we can provide instructions on where if you plug a PC into one port of the router and the PS3 in another (neither wireless) you can capture the PS3 traffic on the PC via wireshark.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
reece251
Grafter

i am running my ps3 wireless and my pc wired can i still do the wireshark
reece251
Grafter

if i could have some instructions that would be great