cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

JIO22
Grafter

Re: FIFA 13 unacceptable LAG

The link is exactly what I followed before?  How much information is missing?  This is what happened the last time.
I only played for a few seconds as per instructions and then stopped the live capture, shall I play longer?
The results will probably be the same I would of thought, what do you want me to do?

Also the capture was done loading from turning the ps3 on and all the way into a FUT game?
What interface should I use, is this incorrect?  It gives me a choice of 3, none of which mean anything to me???
JIO22
Grafter

As I have had no replies on the interface and the other questions, I have done all 3!  Please see my reply in my open ticket on this  >:(.
So again it has been done and is attached to my open ticket.
Razer
Grafter

Quote from: JIO22
DONE IT!!!!!
... big thanks to razor for helping me get it done.

Good to see that you managed to get telnet installed and get the captures done, I hope they prove useful and you get some solution. Happy to help in the limited ways that I can. Smiley
JIO22
Grafter

Thanks again Razor  ;).
PN need to revise the instructions for the wireshark captures, as they are lacking in info and vague.  Telnet needs to be explained a bit more on what it is, what it does, where it is as this was not even ready to use on my laptop and I had no idea on its function.
I'm pretty ok with this type of thing and to carry out requests, no expert though.  Had I of been someone with no knowledge or little knowledge this would have had no chance of being completed.
flaminmoses
Grafter

so what have ea said to pn????Huh
JIO22
Grafter

The "last few months" is more of 18 months.
- We have prioritised *everything* on our network to try and eliminate this.
- We've put Ben on Pro
- We've put Ben on ADSL1 + 2
- We've added Max Premium / Elevated traffic priority

I need this put back asap as per my previous line at no extra cost,  I am severely worse off now than what I have been and my gaming is getting worse.  The evenings are completely and totally unplayable now, the "normal" lag issues still need to be sorted, now I have difficulty getting games, my latency is on 1 bar its total rubbish, the evenings something is getting throttled even more on me I'm sure as the game is juddery and freezes, I have no control over my players, it is completely useless like this.  I,m getting disconnected all the time too.  If adding the above doesn't work, then where do we go?  Why is this still happening to me after all this time?
I'm completely hacked off with this now, being patient obviously gets you nothing, as we are still in the same position, actually my situation is worse now than what it was before!
I need the above added exactly as before to my previous line, and also this line (the user name is on my open ticket) to be looked into as a matter of urgency, and any necessary changes made so this can be made better.
I'm sorry to say, but I have lost confidence in this problem actually ever getting sorted, I have heard so many things, the evidence of this is I'm still here with the same issues I had 2 years ago.
Once moved into my new property, the chances of me having Plusnet is virtually non-existent.  I had hope for so long, been patient for so long, but it has been worn away bit by bit.
Can you prove me wrong Plusnet?
JIO22
Grafter

More disconnections this morning! Not happy at all.
I can't even complete a game now, regardless of the lag,freezing and juddering.  Can someone from PN at least respond to me and my questions that are here and on my ticket.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi Ben,
I'm taking a look at your wireshark and I'm going to do some testing from here shortly.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 6

JIO22 - thanks for the captures, that's exactly what I needed and helped to confirm what we're thinking is the problem.
We've got our PS3 sorted and we've done some more testing here and think we've spotted something.
What we've noticed is that that when the game starts it does some initial ping tests against EA's ping sites. The captures we've seen shows that it does those against several ping sites, some of which aren't in Europe. When it matches you against a random player it uses the results from that ping test to match you against someone with similar latency. Our theory is that when it matches you to a player it uses the wrong site, it doesn't use a UK site it uses one outside of Europe. Therefore it matches you to someone whose ping to the US or Hong Kong is similar to your ping to the US or Hong Kong. That means rather than playing against someone in the UK or France you end up playing against people all over Europe. Our testing shows we end up matching against all over Eastern Europe and even Saudi Arabia but only once against a UK player and occasionally someone in Spain or Germany. Because of this we we think we were seeing lag in the game. The only time we played against a UK player the latency was really poor.
What we've done is block the PS3 from communicating with all the ping sites except the UK one. In testing we were playing against mainly UK and French players and one from Austria. In all the games we played we saw no lag and where we could ping the opponent it was steady and stable (and usually less than 60ms).
We're going to go back to EA and see what they say but it would be very helpful if anyone playing the game could do the same as us and see if it makes any difference.
If you have a Technicolor router you can block the ping sites by doing the following:
Make sure the PS3 is switched off.
Telnet to the router and then copy and paste or enter the following commands:
:expr add name fifa13block type ip addr 159.153.174.133
:expr add name fifa13block type ip addr 159.153.105.104
:expr add name fifa13block type ip addr 159.153.202.54
:expr add name fifa13block type ip addr 109.200.214.104
:expr add name fifa13block type ip addr 189.1.174.126
:firewall rule add chain forward_custom dstip  fifa13block action drop
This will take effect immediately. If you reboot the router then the commands will be lost but let's just see if it makes any difference first.
Switch the PS3 on and play the game and see if it helps any. Like I say, for us, apart from one game we played against UK and French players which is something we hadn't done before and it did seem to make a big difference, but over to you guys to see if it helps.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
JIO22
Grafter

Good work Dave.
This is what I wanted to hear, some good news on progress  :).
Just playing FIFA now and still the same, so I will try this right away and report back.

Ben.
JIO22
Grafter

I have done telnet to router with those commands.
First Impressions:
Only played 4 games, 3 against Italian and 1 from the UK.  I can feel a improvement to the game with this, the 'stupidity' has improved and gone out of the game , and the AI of your team mates is better.  Personally though, it is not slick or as it should be, this could be of other issues on my line at the moment and coming into the evening as this has been dreadful lately.  Some things have been added to my line and will complete tomorrow am and will hopefully help with latency anyway.  I will continue to trial, and after these additions have been added I will have a clearer picture on the effects/improvements.
Could there still be some other IP addresses that need to be blocked?
Also I will mention, in the past when I have played against players from the uk (not very often) I have still had lag, due to this I don't think it is down to just what country you play a player from.
I will keep playing and will try a few more games to get some consistency and will again report back.
Thanks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Keep us updated Ben on how things are after your line modifications complete tomorrow.
Is there anybody else that is experiencing issues that would be able to attempt this(as Dave explained here) to see if you see an improvement?

JIO22
Grafter

Will do Chris.
It would be unfair to go on the games this evening, as they have been juddery again, this hopefully gets sorted by what James B has added.  I tend to be suffering a lot more in the evening, I will try again once these are in place tomorrow am and will see.
The opponents definitely are being chose quicker now and are almost instantly there at the team screen which is better.  I can feel a difference with the gameplay also, and is better although it is inconsistent at present.
I have played a couple of players from the uk, but tend to be playing similar players still from Germany, Holland, Italy etc.
The commands that I have done with telnet, should I keep this in place?  Will it cause me any issues?
flaminmoses
Grafter

that pingtest explanation doesnt really seem to fit my problem.
i dont get laggy games just games which seem to favour the opposition in the speed of their players and ability to move shoot cross etc.
also the games seem to get worse the more i play.
seems like to me its a traffic problem where you cant continually play at the same rate of ping
flaminmoses
Grafter

out of interest how can i stop those ip addresses normally in a router???
through the firewall option?Huh