cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FIFA 12 reply

jbmnic

Re: FIFA 12 reply

Hi I too have a PS3 both fat and slim and i've been on the pro service since I joined Plusnet. I am totally sick of the rubbish speed I get in this game, it's my main reason for moving to plusnet pro for this so called priority traffic!? Whic I to had analysed and told it was correctly, quite clearly it's not! something is not there is there Plusnet!?
Will this ever be resolved, I'm now able to buy into a fibre product does anyone know who is on plusnets and I'm guessing, if so that the lag will follow onto this?
I'm at a complete loss to understand the reason why this is an issue, can anyone confirm if they have this issue on the Playstation plus network ?
Please sort this out for Fifa 13, or I'll be moving my ISP, infact I dont mind if I pay more as long as I get a reasonable game of Fifa... I consider myself a good player and due to lag I've been relegated from Div 3 to 6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Angry Angry Angry
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

Hope it'll be Sorted out by FIFA 13.. theres clearly a issue Huh
Anyways id appreciate a reply from plusnet ( my other posts ^ )
Update didn't Freeze atall this weekend.. & if i can remember i didn't Freeze last saturday & all day Sunday.. this weekend i didn't Freeze all Day & all night on Sunday & monday was ok to Smiley But today 1st game i Freeze 6 times in a game Yet again there freezers aint that long but it isn't the Point i shouldn't be Freezing at All. please any solutions?? Why is it on Weekends i have no problems?? why Weekdays? i always Seem to freeze?Huh
Thanks
jbmnic

I can't put a time on it, as it's too random, I just know as my players become sluggish and well dumb!?  And this could be part way through a game, like someone turning a dial to slow it down. I appreciate that its down to connection on both sides but when asking they seem to have no lag.
In the the main I rarely have a smooth full flowing game and I've been play Fifa since 95! on PC, orginal Xbox and PS3 where I think it became slow on Fifa 11 as I never notice it much on Fifa 10.
Does any Xbox 360 users on Plusnet suffer lag?
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

Do you play Pro clubs? or you just play H2H?
I only play Pro clubs i'm on PS3 ive tryed H2H many times but i give up with H2H as it was to LAGGY, now i Just play Pro clubs
prichardson
Grafter

Hi kevinneilldsl,
In regards to your problems, this issue is not linked to incorrect priority of Fifa 12 on the PS3. As indicated by our previous replies, we have placed temporary changes on your account whilst this was investigated for you. These changes have not been reversed. These changes off the equivalent of the Pro option, allowing all non-identified traffic/gaming to be categorised as Gold.
As a result, we are confident the problems you are seeing are not to do with incorrect priority.
Can you confirm which router you are using at this moment in time, as all previous indications had suggested it was whilst you were using your own router and not the Thomson.
Jbmnic, welcome to the forums
As you have been on Pro all along (and I have just confirmed this to make there is no simple error), much of this applies too.
In regards to the questions on if this could carry over if you moved to Fibre. Unfortunately we don't have an answer to this, without knowing what is causing this to begin with. Right now, there is equal risk of this happening or vanishing for you.
If you don't might, can you confirm the following please.
I don't see one of our router of your account. Can you confirm what make and model of router you are using?
Are you using a wired or wireless connection to the PS3 for connectivity?
If wireless, can you try wired and indicate if there are any differences?
We are looking to see if this not only goes away (or not), but if you see any form of change to the experience you have so far described
There have been some disconnects recently, with your prior connections being very stable. This may simply be you trying to reconnect to resolve the problem. Would this describe what you are doing, or are these disconnections unprompted?
Have you ever been able to play the game normally?
i.e. has this suddenly started, gotten worse over time.
Finally. What is the general experience of the broadband connection, speed and responsiveness?
We are looking to see if we need to face this as something of a more generic problem, or are we only the right track by only looking at the game.
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

switched Back to my Thomson 585v8 Full time, Dont see the point in using my D-Link no more.
Really ever since i've added Pro to my account (about 2 months ago) i've not lagged as much as i did. now i've been suffering from this frustrating freezing problem. i have no Idea what could be Causing. i 1st Fought it was a PS3 harddrive issue but i Tryed my brothers PS3 same thing happens..
i Guess its just my luck lol
jbmnic

I play H2H season  in the main but have tried lobby rooms based on connection quality much the same result .
Ill post my hardware and testing tomorrow to note COD, MW3 seem ok in the main so what is happening with Fifa?
jbmnic

Hi Phil,
No, I did not choose to take out your router as I had my own which is currently a Netgear DGND330v2 on the latest firmware.
As part of the test to find if I had the fault at any point of my setup, I’ve carried this out on both my fat and slim versions of the PS3’s.
Both have static IP’s, have been added to DMZ, connected wirelessly with the router in the same room, wired both direct into the router and via powerline adaptors (Netgear), UPnP enabled port forwarding added and removed based on EA and Plusnet recommendations. My slim PS3 is currentl wired with the fat on wireless, both with simliar gaming results.
I would still get varying results whilst playing Fifa 12, with one game being good and as expected, then as it is now where I’ve played  20-30 games slow and frustrating. I feel like giving up on this game!
My recent disconnections have been due to a recent firmware update on the router and where my normal browsing has become slow, which is a recent issue!?
Overall, all other parts of my Broadband service appear to be ok, apart from some recent slowness browsing anomalies!?
Let me know if you need to try anything else, or have your tried this game in the office yet ? As stated in this thread earlier, this must be played for a prelonged period and based on an average upload download speed as your customers. My routrer is currently synchronised at 7643kbps down and 444kbps up, which I don't actually get more like 5200kbps and 320kbps   Also, is this something that only seems to impact PS3 users or have there been reports from Xbox360 users?
I appreciate your time and understand that there are subtle differences with each individuals broadband setup, but with the granularity that traffic can be managed these days surely there is a way to see what is happing to this traffic.
devil5882
Grafter

Hi there i play ps3 fifa12 clubs alot and i know of this issue because i have both a slim ps3 and fat ps3 . The problem is with EA not ur isp its got somthing to do with the HD in the slim models u can replace this and it will fix the problem or just get a 2nd hand fat ps3. I always use the fat ps3 for playing fifa and i get no dissconnects but the slim is fine with all other games not made by EA. hope this helps.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Woah.  That's really helpful,
have anyone else seen that?  Any links talking about the problem?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
prichardson
Grafter

Hi devil5882,
Thanks for the reply. Whilst you do suggest there is something external here at play, I'm still pretty open to issues with connectivity as well as just EA. It would be interesting to see if you have any public information as Kelly indicated.
I'll not say EA are to blame just yet, given the testing that kevinneilldsl. He has indicated this is happening with models other than the slim one.
I have had a look at your connection though, to see if we can see anything that may hint why you see better connectivity that the others reporting problems.
Of the three of you, kevinneilldsl has the slowest connections of the three, then jbmnic and finally devil5882 has the fastest by a clear mile. This could be a factor, so I am looking at this a little bit more. Not saying it is, but there is a candidate that simply note enough speed could be a driving factor.
prichardson
Grafter

Hi kevinneilldsl & jbmnic,
Would both of you mind giving Fifa a try over the next few days.
I have had a look at both of your lines. They are pretty stable, so nothing I can see that sits out of place from a line perspective as causing this.
Both lines seem to be capable of a little more speed, so I have made some minor adjustments. This has not increased your signal speed any more, but may give the boost needed for Fifa if this is an issue.
devil5882
Grafter

I will see what i can find but among the huge fifa community this is a well known problem that believe it or not started on fifa10 with micro freezes. the gameplay would pause then suddenly go crazy fast to catch up if it failed to catch up it would dissconect  Ea know of the problem but are very slow fixing it. the only way found to fix it so far is to replace ps3 slim hd.
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

@Kelly... devils spot on there is a major problems with the Slims HDD with FIFA 12 pro clubs..
Heres a Link with over 20 thousand views ( yet no reply from EA about this)
http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/1074257.page
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

@ P Richardson Thanks for your help