FIFA 12 reply

kevinneilldsl
Grafter

Re: FIFA 12 reply

my online gameplay is so much smoother now  Smiley
christx4
Dabbler

Okay, will try this weekend to trace this with the procedure - what is this Pro add on and how do you get it?
Roll_eyes
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Pro is an addon you can buy through the member centre.  It's £5 a month but means all your traffic is priorisitised during the day.  Means you can download large files with usenet, p2p etc without the affects of our traffic management.
Have you guys seen this?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2012/03/fifa.html
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

funny enough ive never disconnected once from UT, even when the lag is extremely bad. I Quit UT because EA deleted my account for no reason what so ever i spent at least 150 pound on that, just to get it deleted by EA.. best game mode to play with friends is by far pro clubs Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Kelly
Have you guys seen this?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/watchdog/2012/03/fifa.html

Saw it last night and it's not a game I would spend my money on.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
christx4
Dabbler

Do you think it's worth getting the 5 pound add-on or just waiting for the Wireshark / Priority trace ... if I get the add-on will it "really" fix the issue and also night time
gaming, because it sounds like it maybe a generic problem, i.e. FIFA12 is just something that plus.net does not have in it's filters at the moment...
5 pound is not too much, just wondering in general here.
Undecided Undecided
Thanks
rob1969
Grafter

I wouldn't recommend the £5. add on, I was told it was a "Guaranteed Fix" yet I have had the same(if not more) disconnects from playing Pro Clubs on PC, I sent off a capture from Wireshark early this week, but still waiting for an update, I closed by accident the original ticket with the capture, I am amazed you can't go back and un close the ticket,as it is an easy mistake to make, you have two options and if like me you do everything quickly and a bit of mouse over clicker, its very easy to do, anyway the fact is I am still waiting for some feedback on my capture, so don't hold your breath, I am on the highest priced service for my area ,in the sticks and only get 2.9 mbps speed,yet Plusnet expect you to play yet another £5 to get a service that you should already be getting! makes no sense to me! so it is by no means a  "Guaranteed Fix" and the fact I was told that must put the guys job in serious threat, as that is a massive claim to be sending to customers.especially as it is not the fix he promises it to be. I am getting sick of all ths to be honest , I believe the problem to be with the tacky routers they provide, the Thompson is really a very poor gaming router, but why should we have to buy a new one, the ISP should give the best router for all needs and the fact that I only really use my PC for online gaming ,I should be expected to be able to do so, otherwise I would just use my phone for email, browsing etc, but I have an ISP to play games, and for the money I am paying I would expect to be able to have that pleasure, other ISP's seem to provide it, why is Plusnet different?
dick:quote
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

what the fu**k i keep getting signed out of ea servers wtf!!... its happend like 5 times today even when i'm not in a game just signs out! Sad
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

i'm going to try new router i got its a d-link ill report back if problem continues.
christx4
Dabbler

Cool, report back and let us know how it goes mate.. !!! Cool
I will try to find some time this weekend to do the Kelly advised wireshark routine, somewhere between the real football game this Saturday in the park and Sunday roast...
c
rob1969
Grafter

have disconnected 3 times in three games so far this evening,what a wonderful way to unwind from a busy day!
Look there is a problem and it needs sorting the" guaranteed Fix" hasn't worked, I have done everything my end, reinstalling the game, changing router,disconnecting all phones in my house,new ethernet cable ,etc.etc. its obviosuly a problem with you, so please sort it and stop messing people around,please
kevinneilldsl
Grafter

@chirstx4 Yo im not DC now with router... the actual ea dc problem was a bug my friends were DC aswell today i think it wasnt my router.. but i have a d-link setup & aint dc yet anyway will keep updated!
rob1969
Grafter

this is a nice response from a Plusnet Customer "Care" person.
Dear Mr Cattani,
Thank you for getting back to us.
I can confirm this is a problem with EA's servers and not to do with Plusnet. This is documented by BBC Watchdog in the link Luke provided earlier.
I appreciate this must be a frustrating issue but I'm afraid there is little we can do. According to the link from Watchdog, EA have released a patch for PS3 and PC to solve this problem on the 14th of March however you may need to update your game for this to work.
If you have any further issues I would recommend contacting EA directly.
I hope this helps.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search if we can be of any further assistance.
Support services are available here http://www.plus.net/support, and our community pages can be found at http://community.plus.net.
You can also use our new tool called Plusnet Assist which is available here: http://www.plus.net/assist.
Kind regards,
[mremoved]
ha very caring and helpful, so strange that nobody  in the Pro Club I play for gets the problem, I have high pings etc, I have sent a capture to Plusnet they have ignored it and now they have found their excuse to wash their hands of this by telling everyone that Watchdog covered it, the fact is I don't play Ultimate Team I only play Pro Rank and Pro clubs, different servers, and the problem, although sometimes caused by terrible EA Servers ,isn't just EA my connection has errors the capture showed that and so too does my Router Status software, they really do take us as mugs.
jim:csa
christx4
Dabbler

oh oh.. this does not sound promising.... i just downloaded 1.04 (the update that just came out), ironically my throughput is really good here, just the darn dropped connections and lag in the evenings
is mind numbing....
then will do wireshark when I get the free time, anything to help the situation. Fifa12 is a massive game, with all the bugs reported, there is loads of people I play against (or rather would like to play against) online...
Crazy
rob1969
Grafter

Yes I agree, the thing is I am a member of a Pro Club and of the 13 other members of the squad I am the only one who has disconnection issues, one of the members is a neighbour on Talk Talk and he thinks I am insane to stick with Plusnet, he lives 20 yards away, has faster speeds, never disconnects from games and gets no lag,I also logged in to my account on his computer and was able to play with no lag no disconnections, , we also have two guys in India,2 guys from Scotland,Denmark,Sweden, Ireland,Egypt etc and funnily I am the only one with issues, the fact that plusnet are trying to just blame FIFA is laughable, they know damn well that my connection has a problem, but their saviour has been Watchdog, they now have someone to blame and are able to wash their hands and keep on saying Watchdog said it's EA,  I also lag for half a second every 20 seconds,that has only started since Jo updated my router remotely and since I added the Pro Add on, the only way out of this is to end my long(over ten years) and mostly happy time with Plusnet, they just do not care anymore.