Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eve-Online comms questions

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Eve-Online comms questions

I’ve had a quick look through the forum and can’t find an answer to this so hopefully some-one will enlighten me.
We (that’s my son and I) have been playing Eve-online for more than a year, recently I have noticed a large increase in our bandwidth used, especially peer to peer traffic. We play on separate computers in different rooms but use the same router.
The only thing that’s changed is we are now in the same corp and alliance and because of this often have to use either, Eve-voice, Ventrilo or Teamspeak for comms.
So my questions are, is the traffic of the above applications classed as peer to peer (even though the applications say they are VoIP) and can anyone suggest a rough estimate of bandwidth used by either application.
Thanks, Pendragon.
4 REPLIES 4
derboff
Grafter

Re: Eve-Online comms questions

I will be honest I have never seem a big spike in my traffic from eve / Voice coms. But I don;t use eve voice some it could be that. Hope someone technical can answer this question. I think it should be treated as VoiP. As to usage should be no worse then listening to a radio station on line
adie:quote
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Have either of your started using spotify?
You could also download a bandwidth monitor to see what usage you have during a gaming session.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
James
Grafter

I'm not certain on the other two, but TeamSpeak is definitely prioritised as VoIP/Gaming traffic.
derboff
Grafter

I am pretty sure about vent getting through correctly, but interested about eve voice.
dick:quote