Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elder Scrolls Online save your money

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Elder Scrolls Online save your money

I played a number of the beta's for it and have had it verified since it went live via a reviewer I trust to give a true review.  NB colourful language not work safe.
Its not worth the £70 for the Imperial version with the mount etc.  Said mount you really need, as the maps are huge.  Other wise buying a useful horse in game is a hell of a grind, due to limited loot that is worth anything to sell to farm enough gold to buy a horse.
In no particular order
Long mob spawn times
Quests do not update for all in your team, e.g. need to kill a mob to get the update, each player has to wait in turn to kill it
Non instanced or phased Bosses  they were warned about that would trigger camping.
Only way to play as Imperial is to buy it, so if you already bought the basic game and are expected to pay monthly after the first 30 days, don't you think it would be a given, no its not.
So simply save your self some money and avoid it, wait for the inevitable free to play switch in 4 too 6 months.  Other MMO's due out this year, e.g. ArcheAge is to be free to play at release and is better currently and its only in alpha at the moment.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
All4One
Grafter

Re: Elder Scrolls Online save your money

I played Beta and got to level 2. Just felt like an instant grind and I've done way too much of that with many MMO's.
Part of me is losing the interest in games but I expect I'll play Warlords of Draenor later this year.
kingkobra
Grafter

For balance, I'm quite enjoying it, but then I'm not in it to level as quickly as possible. I'm just mooching around doing the quests and exploring the world. Only thing annoying me is lack of inventory slots... Smiley Most fun I've had in an MMO since I quit EQ2.
All4One
Grafter

I read something yesterday about a big bug with duplicating items and people running around in legendary items etc - which has been a bug since beta and they never acted upon it...
There's now the thread of the hard workers saying they won't renew subs if this carries on. Ouch.