cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Easiest way to get open NAT type.

wileecoyote

Easiest way to get open NAT type.

This was the easiest way I opened my NAT for gaming on the Technicolour tg582n router.
I was stuck on strict NAT on Call Of Duty Ghosts on PS4 and searched the net for answers. I read you have to port forward etc, and do other complicated things to get open NAT type. I'm not thick but it was all above my head to start with and sounded quite complicated and a bit of messing about.
Anyway, to cut a long story short, I read about game mode on this site and decided to try it. I turned it on but was still showing strict NAT so all I did was un-tick the unpn box just to see if that did anything. Started Call Of Duty again and noticed I had open NAT. Simples, ha. I can now join my mates for a game of COD online. Cool. After nearly 6 months gaming alone.
Just thought I'd share my experience with you all. Hope it helps. Wish I'd not wasted time reading and researching port forwarding as it isn't needed. The router does it all automatic for you.
I'll try to put instructions up later if anyone gets stuck. Got to rush off to work. Here's the quick instructions. Other people might be able to explain better than me and in more detail.
Open your browser and type address for your router, mine was http://192.168.1.254. You don't really need to type the http part in. Just the address.
Click on advanced settings and log in, then find which port your console is plugged into on your router. Click modify settings. Click on gaming mode to enable it. Un-tick unpn box. If you got Call of Duty load it up and it should say NAT type open. Should only take a few mins of your time to do.
Let me know if it works for anyone please. Thanks.
p.s. if anyone can explain better how to do it please feel free to add info
4 REPLIES 4
wileecoyote

Re: Easiest way to get open NAT type.

Update.
Although I can now go on Call Of Duty Ghosts with my mates I now have a problem with Killzone Shadowfall multiplayer. Tested Killzone a few times this week and I now get kicked out after every match. Very annoying.
This is a message I get after every match on Killzone - Error code 10100 (E_NGT_TIMEOUT) make sure UDP traffic to port 10070 is allowed by network.
I've tried various ways to resolve the problem but nothing has worked. Reset my router today. Killzone working again but NAT type strict on Call Of Duty. Looks like I've got to choose which game to go on most and stick to the compatible router settings. Ridiculous.
The technicolour tg582n is the worst router I've ever had. I've never had a problem with online gaming with any other router, and never had to alter any settings before. I've always been able to game online with friends in the past with no problems, and never got kicked out of games.
Worst thing is that when I phone PlusNet they won't help in any way. Just tell me to try port forwarding then say they're not allowed to help me set it up, I've got to research it myself on internet (Which can be a bit confusing for people that have never attempted it before. Not very good service PlusNet. If I don't resolve problem soon I may just take my custom elsewhere.
wileecoyote

Update 2.
After an hour of changing and altering settings on my router I've figured it out for myself. NAT open on Call Of Duty, and all other online games work perfect.
Hope this helps anyone with the Technicolour tg582n that has Strict NAT type.
1. Go to network settings on your console and write down IP address. Mine was 192.168.1.64
2. Type in router address in the address bar of your browser. Mine was 192.168.1.254.
3. Sign in.
4. Go to toolbox and click on firewall.
5. Click on Assign the DMZ to a Local Network Site.
6. Type in your console IP address i.e. 192.168.1.64.
7. Click enable.
All done in 5 mins. No need for port forwarding or anything else that sounds complicated. Port forwarding didn't work with my router anyway.
Please let me know if anyone has tried it and it worked for them. Thanks.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Just make sure that you have the console set to get a fixed IP address
wileecoyote

Ok. Thanks.
Just doing research on net to make sure it's safe to use that setting for consoles. I know it's dangerous for PC's etc to enable DMZ because of hackers etc.