Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ear Force X31

the_groundsman
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Ear Force X31

My son is pleading for a pair of these by Turtle Beach. Any recommendations.
£80 sounds like a lot of taxed income - :o-  any advocates to say if they are worth it or not?
8 REPLIES 8
scootie
Grafter

Re: Ear Force X31

i went for the X1's as i didnt fancy having to recharge battries by the the dozen, so i can only say that no one can creep up on you in call of duty even with the standard stereo ones.
i belive the top model is full surround sound. and wireless
the slight downside i find with these headphones is the mic, well the mic;'s fine but every ones voice is piped in with games sound and on the x1's you have to get the balance of the game volume right and mic volume as you have two sperate controls for each but i find the mic volume just dosent get amplifed enough so theres a limit to how loud you have the game sound.
and the biggest of issues is make sure your son wears one of the headphone so its not completely covering his ear as i find my self shouting on the mic when i wear um unless ive got one slightly off and all so family finds it funny to sneak up on you when you cant hear nothing
i brought them for night time game play but find my self using them when ever am on the xbox now as you hear things that you cant on the tv sound. on cod you can tell where some one shot at you from just by sound and i havent been stabed in the back since get me a pair of these
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Personally I use Speedlink 5.1's slightly cheaper at around £45-50 for wired and 60ish for wireless depending on where you buy them
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
scootie
Grafter

do they work with the xbox mic system,
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I bought my son a pair of these for last Christmas...expensive Cry
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
the_groundsman
Rising Star

I've tried to persuade him to go for the X1s but peer pressure is taking us to the X31s.
New COD this week so I doubt I'll see him until Christmas anyway  Roll_eyes
Thanks for the views
volta84
Grafter

Im in one the biggest EU Cod teams for 360 groundsman and know a fair bit about console headsets.
I can tell you Turtle Beach are prone to breaking and the quality is poor compared to the likes of: Sennheisers / Sharkoon X-Tactics and Astro A40's.
I use Sharkoon X-Tactic 5.1 V2's (£75) for Online play and Astro A40's (£250) for LAN play.

If he just playeds online and money is short, Sharkoon is the way forward.
the_groundsman
Rising Star

Thanks for the alternative. As I said there is some peer preassure to have the same as his mates. The reviews I've just read on the Sharkoon seem to say that the sound effects and game noise are great but at the expense of player chat; he seems to get most enjoyment from chatting. The reviews suggest that the other players mics are drowned out. Is that a problem?
scootie
Grafter

on my x1's its fine but like i said in my 1st reply there is a limit to how loud you have the game sound if you want to clearly here people. but then again i have my music streamed to them at same time as the game and chat and like things loud so thats probally why it anoys me to have to limit the game and music sound when am chatting.
am sure the x3's will be fine, ive had my x1's for a year and am the sort of gamer that chucks stuff when lag ect gets me killed and so far ive only got one bit of duck tap holding a tiny crack i made in the head band and i can asure you cars get crash tested at lower speeds than what i chucked them.
think thats one reason i didnt get a wireless set as it costs enough keeping up with broken wireless joypad's