cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duke Nukem Forever

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: Duke Nukem Forever

I think a lot of people will go for Battlefield 3 more than COD, COD has been wrecked on-line. But If your getting both...Well.....Your going to be busy Strat Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: Steve
... If your getting both...Well.....Your going to be busy Strat Smiley

It's more of an 'or' than an 'and' these days Steve and Battlefield will probably win...if only for the in-game humour Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Matt_2k34
What kit are you guys running it on? i cant say ive really noticed any lengthy loading times  Huh

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 4GB RAM, 460GTX (1GB) running Windows 7 x64. Yahtzee posted a review of DNF over on The Escapist a week or two back.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

I finally got the demo off of Steam today.  It's defiantly a marmite game, wasted 1.3gig of my months download cap for the privilege.
Niceish graphics don't make up for Doom95 game play, wave after wave of monsters hasn't been my slice of toast in years.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

Since I gave up on this, I have played 2 new games. Both load in SECONDS and the graphics are 201x not 1995 ones.
Sorry Duke but game play INCLUDES loading time and graphics.
Playing Alice Returns at the moment, different  Wink
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: Hairy
Playing Alice Returns at the moment, different  Wink

Yeah, I've played a few hours of that too. I played the first one through to the end. Repetitive, but fairly playable and I do like the visuals/concept.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I should point out that all my comments relate to the XBOX360 versions. I don't buy pc games, the requirement for YAGC (yet another graphics card  :D) was getting silly. I remember when (was it Crysis) the latest game came out and it NEEDED a new card to play, Otherwise you got sub 10fps = unplayable Crazy. Now the h/w has been the same for the past 6 years and the latest games still play fine.
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Yeah, I gave up on PC gaming long ago, so much nicer being able to buy games without having to worry about if they will work or not.
As for Duke, I've not bothered with it. I'm not 15 any more, after L.A. Noire (the last game I played) I suspect it would look very immature.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Quote from: Ben
As for Duke, I've not bothered with it. I'm not 15 any more, after L.A. Noire (the last game I played) I suspect it would look very immature.
I'm 37 and love It, Free DLC for me this Fall Smiley
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.