cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloading Game Settings - Help Please

Jowsh
Dabbler

Downloading Game Settings - Help Please

I play Call of Duty 4 on the Playstation 3, when I log on to the multiplayer I get the message "Downloading Game Settings". The only way I can get rid of it is to reset my router, but that is a temporary fix. I would like to know if there is any permanent fix, or will I have to keep resetting?
I can play W@W and MW2 with no problems, it works fine on those games.
I think it has something to do with the router that was provided to me by Plusnet when I signed up, I didn't have Downloading Game Settings with my old router.
8 REPLIES 8
Tango
Grafter

Re: Downloading Game Settings - Help Please

Mate, could you slow down and elaborate on what it is that you're doing because it's not making much sense to me.
scootie
Grafter

it works when I do but I heard it isn't good for the line

i assume you mean your rebooting your router, your dsl connection should not be issue if all other games are still running perfect. check upnp or your manual port forwarding rule is still active when playing this game, if its the 360 your playing on then with the info you have supplied it sounds as thoe port forwarding 3074 is active for all other games so shouldnt be the issue
do you mean cod mw or mw 2, if its mw2 then i've heard its got connection issues to do with the match making. not picked this game up yet so cant comment, but if there was an isp issue with mw2 here then am sure the forum would be alive with people moaning
Jowsh
Dabbler

Haha, sorry. Reading over what I typed doesn't make much sense to me either. I'll try my best to explain.
I play Call of Duty 4 on the Playstation 3, when I log on to the multiplayer I get the message "Downloading Game Settings". The only way I can get rid of it is to reset my router, but that is a temporary fix. I would like to know if there is any permanent fix, or will I have to keep resetting?
I can play W@W and MW2 with no problems, it works fine on those games.
I think it has something to do with the router that was provided to me by Plusnet when I signed up, I didn't have Downloading Game Settings with my old router.
matt_2k34
Grafter

have you forwarded all correct ports to the PS3 ?
Also, if you havent it might be an idea to set the PS3 with its own static IP (so it wont change) and set it to be in a DMZ of its own (but i'd pick a number like 50, incase something connects to the network, and *takes* the IP your ps3 is expecting)
Instructions here may help
This will stop the router "interfering" with the connection process completely.

Note: i would NOT recommend putting a PS3 in a DMZ if the unit is NOT updated, (e.g. Still has the Linux Distro on)
Jowsh
Dabbler

When I click add and then the drop down box it only picks up my PC and iPhone.  Angry
matt_2k34
Grafter

hmm...
Cant you add them manually? do you have to use the drop down? (been a while since i looked)
Jowsh
Dabbler

I don't think you can add them manually - The only way to select a device on the page is through the drop down box. Sad
HaydnExport
Grafter

it's just a bug in the game, happens to a LOT of people , my way around it is to keep going back and forth to the start menu when the dgs comes up, it works eventually.