cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone play World Of Tanks?

Finguz
Grafter

Does anyone play World Of Tanks?

As the title suggests, does anyone play WOT and what is your latency like?
9 REPLIES 9
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Re: Does anyone play World Of Tanks?

Hi,
I don't play it but I did download and play test it out in the office as we had a customer reporting a problem with it a while back. Just loaded it up, installed the latest patch, and seeing latency around 60-70ms.
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Finguz
Grafter

Yeah thanks Dave, latency is generally ok but can vary quite considerably, I've submitted a ticket to have it added to the list  Cool
Blim
Grafter

25-60ms
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I know a few people that play WOT I've just dropped emails to a couple of them (one on PN, one not) so I'll let you know if I hear anything back.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Finguz
Grafter

Well, I followed the instructions on Plusnet's website to launch the help assistant, clicked through to add a game to the traffic management system, filled in all the requested details and then received an email saying nothing can be done until I provide a Wireshark capture...
Why can't this be requested in the help assistant where it asks for the server IP's and port numbers e.t.c? Just another layer of delay as the support guy has to email me to tell me the details they requested are no good on their own /facepalm
Anyway never mind, I have no time to be fiddling around with Wireshark this week or next, so I guess I'll have to wait.

@Adam Thanks!

Edit: Perhaps someone could update the instructions for adding a game to include the fact that a Wireshark capture is apparently essential, but not quite essential enough to be included in the list  Crazy
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

No worries one of my friends (the one not on PN) has a 7/8mb ADSL2 connection and his lag is around 60ms on WOT.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

It should already be included (it just wasn't on the list, I've added it), I'll recheck it here and do the wireshark to mark sure it is but I think it gets picked up as a different game which is why it's not on the list. Games often share the same online systems so look the same (this is especially true for console games but PC games do this too).
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
Loon
Grafter

Hi
I play it all the time and have done now for over 2 years.
Ping on Plusnet on EU2 is normally 30 to 60 and EU1 50 to 80. Both of these are very very playable and I never really suffer lag.
My brother plays as well and when on the same sessions our pings are very similar and he has a 20 meg Virgin cable connection, mine is 6 meg copper  Smiley .
Slightly off topic but I also play the US server from time to time and the ping is in the 120s which is still playable.
Loon (in game as well)
Finguz
Grafter

Thanks guys, it's good to know WOT has been added, and you all seem to share latency very similiar to my own.
I never actually had any problems that I noticed, I just wanted to make sure the system was treating my game packets fairly Wink