cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnecting in World of Warcraft

MarkR

Disconnecting in World of Warcraft

I'm new to Plusnet, my account has only been active a few days now. I signed up for the Pro package because I do enjoy playing World of Warcraft from time to time. The problem I am having is I'm getting 5000 plus latency (off and on) and constant disconnects.
Anyone else experiance these type of problems? I moved here from Germany and didn't hae any of these problems there, my latency was around 150-300 most of the time. I ran the repair wizard in WoW to see if maybe something happened to the program, no faults found. I ran the "Fault Checker" in the members area and it found no problems. Opened a ticket and received a long list of items from support to check on my line..... all of which I plan to address....
Question remains, anyone else having these types of problems? If so did you get them corrected and how?Huh
Thanks!
36 REPLIES 36
James
Grafter

Re: Disconnecting in World of Warcraft

Hi Mark,
Welcome to PlusNet and the new Community site!
Can I ask whether you are getting totally disconnected from the internet, or just disconnected from WoW?
MarkR

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Mark,
Welcome to PlusNet and the new Community site!
Can I ask whether you are getting totally disconnected from the internet, or just disconnected from WoW?

Appears it's only from WoW, I set up my P2P programs RSS feed to download my US TV shows from 0001 to 0800 and it's working perfectly so far. I'm able to surf the web without much lag. WOW disconnects when I try to talk to a NPC or craft a item or sometimes for no reason at all.

James
Grafter

Hi Mark,
Can I ask a silly question?  Are you getting the massive lag and latency issues when your P2P software is running, or is this earlier in the evening?
zubel
Community Veteran

This is a common symptom of 'Checksum Offloading' being enabled on your Network card.
Assuming XP:
Right click My Computer, select 'Properties'
Go to the 'Hardware' tab
Click on 'Device Manager'
Scroll down to 'Network Interface Cards' and click the little '+' sign
Right click on your network card and select 'Properties'
Go to (getting hazy now - this is from memory) "Advanced" ?
There should be a list of options, one of which is Checksum Offloading.  Make sure that this is 'Off' or 'Disabled'
There may also be an option for "Segmentation Offload" - turn this Off too.
Ok, ok, ok, ok etc.  Make sure you restart your computer and try again.
If this doesn't work, then check out this link whic may give you some more ideas.
B.
MarkR

Quote from: Jameseh
Hi Mark,
Can I ask a silly question?  Are you getting the massive lag and latency issues when your P2P software is running, or is this earlier in the evening?

P2P is only running after midnight, don't want to use up my bandwidth Smiley attempting to play WoW from 1700 to 2130 or so....
@ Barry Zubel,  used this computer for over 2 years to play WoW off and on, never had this problem before. Called up the properties for my wireless adapter, couldn't find anything that looked like what you posted.... thanks for the assist. Can't load the Blizzard Support site atm, will try later.
Disconnects/Lag etc are happening when I'm in crowded areas (cities etc) or when I talk to quest giver etc. Still happening, strange thing is I have 150 latency outside the city, went to over 7500 when I entered a populated area and disconnected.....
zubel
Community Veteran

Quote from: MarkR
Called up the properties for my wireless adapter,

Oooer, wireless...
I gave up trying Wireless for playing WoW - it introduced nasty latency spikes due to the abundance of wireless networks in the area.
Just to try to eliminate this as a source of problems - is it possible to try a wired connection to see if you still get the same behaviour?
Failing that, try reconfiguring your router to use a different wireless channel may also help - channels 1, 6 and 11 are the only three 'distinct' wireless channels (all the others overlap) so try changing to one of those.
B.
pdavidson
Grafter

Did this get sorted? If not, have you installed any new addons recently? Addons can sometimes cause this kind of behaviour (especially ones that record a lot of data like quest logging and recipes sold by merchants).
let us know if you worked it out anyway. I've never had a problem with WoW due to my broadband, it's always been an addon or an issue introduced by a patch  Roll_eyes
MarkR

Cry  It's not perfect but I'm able to play now. I believe part of the problem is the wireless connection, I plugged my laptop directly into the hub and had less disconnects but still not perfect. I still get disconnected when I go into zones with alot of other players, talk to vendors or quest givers. Not all the time, it's random and hard to pin point. Have not notice any 7500 latency spikes for a couple of days now, so that appears to have been fixed.
I ran the repair wizard in WoW when this problem started and allowed it to reset WoW, ie remove the addon folders, WTF, Cache etc and still had problems using the wireless connection.  Don't think WoW was the problem, ran this same laptop on a wireless connection a few months ago in Germany and didn't have these problems.
One thing I have not done is install my wired router I purchased in Germany and see if that is any better.  I used a wired router with a Linksys wireless router and had no problems and a strong signal throughout the house and yard. Found the box over the weekend (hate moving and unpacking)  Might hook it up and see if the results are any better.
Mark
Quote from: Paula
Did this get sorted? If not, have you installed any new addons recently? Addons can sometimes cause this kind of behaviour (especially ones that record a lot of data like quest logging and recipes sold by merchants).
let us know if you worked it out anyway. I've never had a problem with WoW due to my broadband, it's always been an addon or an issue introduced by a patch  Roll_eyes
scrash
Dabbler

I used to have this problem, all I did to fix it was change the MTU's on my router and my NIC from 1500 to 1492. Worked a treat after that Cheesy
Hope this helps ya Smiley
Chinster
Grafter

WoW disconnections

Hi,
I have two characters on two servers on WoW (Bloodscalp and Steamwheedle Cartel).  Bloodscalp is solid as a rock whereas Steamwheedle Cartel drops me between 3 and 5 times each evening and I can't get back on to that server for at least 5 mins.  During this time I can connect to Bloodscalp just fine.
I've raised a ticket with Blizzard but thought I'd stop off here for advice and help.  Perhaps SWC needs added to PlusNet's list of approved servers or something?
Look forward to hearing from you.
Yours in frustration,
Chinster.
Chinster
Grafter

I have this exact same problem.  Only happens on the server Steamwheedle Cartel while the server Bloodscalp is solid as a rock.
Please help!
MykBhoy

Re: WoW disconnections

Sorry Chinster but I don't have a solution for you.
My problem is WoW related though. Usually after about 10 mins of logging (Arathor server) in I get a major lag spike leaving me unable to do anything for over a minute. This also relates to being unable to access the e-mail and any other Internet site through my browser. After the lag subsides I'm left with 1500 latency within World of Warcraft. It's a regular occurrence. My friend lives in the same town and is with Plusnet and plays Wow yet he has no such problems.....
Anyone any ideas? Plusnet?
Myk

ipyrah

wow disconnects

Help. Am experiencing random disconnects while playing wow. This also disconnect my pc from the net as well. A reboot and it works fine until it happens again.
Interval between disconnects is anything from instant to 5 minutes.
O/s for my pc is vista, but my laptop running xp is ok. Both connected wirelessly.
Its not a wow or addon issue its something to do with the plusnet router and/or vista Huh
Any assistance would be a great help, as I am suffering withdrawls and need an urgent fix of warcrack, and my old vaio cant run wow smoothly...
Help  Cry    'for the horde'
Mudpixie

Re: wow disconnects

We also get random disconnects when playing WoW. It may not happen for days and then it happens quite a few time in one day. Or it may just happen once and then be fine for the rest of the day. It doesn't seem to get triggered by updates/patches, appears random.
Sometimes the connection 'blinks' and we can go straight back in, sometimes we have to re-start the router and all is fine. Never happens when just on the internet, just when playing WoW. We never had this when using the same pc but with a different internet provider in Bristol. (now in Cornwall).
Doesn't seem to get worse or matter whether there are 3 of us playing or just the 1 of us on.
Very frustrating when if happens, has caused some in-game fatalities!!
Help  Sad 'for the Alliance' Tongue