cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny lag?

KaotiK
Grafter

Destiny lag?

Hey, i get a constant yellow/red bar when playing destiny and i have no idea why... i get no problems with any other games but this. It doesnt even feel like its lagging but its frustrating as i keep thinking something is wrong? Im assuming this game is prioritised so waht could it be? My Nat type is open wired connection to the PS4 etc so any ideas?
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Destiny lag?

Hi KaotiK,
Have you tried setting up port forwarding manually for this game?
https://www.bungie.net/en/Help/Article/11931
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
KaotiK
Grafter

Hey i have tried yes, i tried setting my ps4 to a static then open the ports yet they wouldnt open when i checked if they were... same with my PC but then i have to pay £5 for a static dont i? because everytime i changed it on PC it would never actually change? not sure if im doing something wrong or not.
Not only that my nat type is type 2? should i really be having any problems?
My router is a netgear DGN2200V3
my connection is flawless in every other game... is it the fact that destiny is P2P servers? like would my crap upload be doing something?
Really want to play but i cant because of this Sad its frustrating
KaotiK
Grafter

Tried again, yet everytime i check to see if the port is open it says its still closed. why? this is so irritating man
KaotiK
Grafter

Beyond raging now. Is it because P2P is throttled?
legume
Rising Star

Putting yellow/red bar destiny into google comes up with plenty of people with good connections seeing it, so maybe it's just the game not you/plusnet.
You say in post 1 it's OK to play, so I guess  you should just ignore it.
You don't need a static IP address from plusnet to port forward. You would need to disable  DHCP or choose an address it won't use and use a static (local address) for the PS4, but if, as you say, other games are OK and you get type 2 nat anyway you probably don't need to do anything. Just undo the forwards and re-enable DHCP and upnp (if they are off).
On FTTC I don't see p2p being throttled and game p2p is different anyway, so should be top priority. The problem with games that use one of the players to host is that poor matchmaking can mean you end up playing people a long way away, which is certainly not nice IME. COD Ghosts on xbox 360 is always a pain if you end up against people in the USA.
KaotiK
Grafter

Its one of those things where you see yellow or red bar and get paranoid something is up, especially if its only me in the game with it! I always find it hard to ignore things like that id rather find a solution Sad