cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny killing my internet - PS4

SuperSaiyan4
Grafter

Destiny killing my internet - PS4

It keeps happening at random times and having looked on Google seems this issue was present quite a bit last year however I have no idea what to do as it also kicks me out of parties sometimes as well.
No other game does this only when playing Destiny.
Anyone found a solution to this please? Using the Plusnet TechnicolorTG582n.
PS4 has DMZ enabled.
2 REPLIES 2
Gronygroovy

Re: Destiny killing my internet - PS4

Hey there, I have similar issues and some googling has come back with try a different router.  I think I will give that a try at some point in the future.
nanotm
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Destiny killing my internet - PS4

if you get a different router contact the manufacturer and ask if its running upnp idg2.0, older firmware's are not fully compliant and the game has coding that requires its use to work properly, the only restriction this creates practically is you have to dmz the console and remove any other forwarding rules, blops3 is in the same bracket and no I don't personally know if any of the routers on the market are any good.
with respect to the internet dropping, the problem with using dmz is you open your router to attacks so people can spike you and force your router offline or do other things, its not uncommon for someone in the gaming community to use such tactics to gain an edge over others or to create space in a party.
getting a better router that supports the additional requirements automatically without dropping the security steps will prevent the average script kiddy from being able to do this /
just because your paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you