cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny - Anyone having connection issues.

Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Destiny - Anyone having connection issues.

@Wo0x - Those would be some nice changes! From what I hear, they're supposed to be bringing in match making for the raids and nightfalls so they'll work like the strike playlists so at least there will be the possibility of helping someone who doesn't have a full team to run the raids.
The board idea does sound good though, would be nice if there were some options to set either looking for or offering help, then be able to go off and do what you like and just get an alert when someone is available which drops you back into the chariot and then off to help.
Had a quick hour on it last night and managed to hit two public events which were showing on the website and they were accurate within about 5 minutes so I wonder if something has changed again  Undecided

@ andrewjshaw - Glad to hear everything is still running smooth for you now. It definitely sounds like you had something causing a problem on the router side but think I would still chalk some issues up to the game itself. I've seen around 3 errors over the past couple of times I've played and all have just dropped me back to orbit where I can jump straight back in and continue playing. Connection remains fine during the error given that party chat is still active as well.
I spotted the Icebreaker last night and instantly regretted the fact that I bought a different exotic sniper from Xur last weekend which doesn't appear to have a great deal going for it. I can't remember the name of it but it has some camo netting over the scope if that helps in identifying it?Huh
Suros Regime is definitely the AR I was talking about that thing looks amazing and it definitely something I would like to have although I'm liking the hand cannons at the moment so I'm hoping that the exotic bounty pops up again so I can have a crack at The Thorn!
On a side note, you have too many Strange Coins and I think you should be sharing  Wink Tongue
andrewjshaw
Dabbler

@Adam C Yeah, I bought that Sniper last week as well. Patience and Time I think it's called. I'm not overly impressed, although when fully upgraded it does give you invisibility which is cool. If I us the hunter I can have that on one of the subclasses but it's nice to have options.
I just run the weekly on hard with 2 characters, which gives me 18 coins and I got a further 10 from the nightfall with one of the characters this week too. Plus you get them dropping and in upgrade packages so I just keep collecting them. It would be good if there was some kind of trading system on there, I really want raid armour now. It never seems to show in the loot chests. Annoyingly we helped a little lad out last night who did the raid for the first time and he got 2 pieces of raid armour and an exotic  Angry Damn you RNG!!!!
RedRyn

Hi,
Not wanting to hijack the thread but am having massive problems with Destiny connection errors. It's rendering the game unplayable when I can't even finish a story mission without being kicked to orbit with baboon or kingfisher errors. Some facts for anyone able to help (thanks in advance if you do  Smiley )
I'm playing on Xbox 360, I'm a plusnet fibre customer with a technicolor TG582n router. I'm using  wireless connection.
I've tried various fix attempts including assigning a static IP address/putting  the 360 into a DMZ and enabling/disabling game mode on my router (I think I'm doing these things properly, I'm fairly computer literate and have followed  and double checked instructions).
I've played WoW/SW:ToR & GW2 on my wired connection gaming PC with not a single problem. I can stream HD video from Amazon Instant Video with no problems to a Wii much further away than the 360 and to a tablet anywhere in my house. I can play CoD on my 360 with zero disconnection errors. Whenever I get booted back to orbit in Destiny I seem to keep my Xbox Live connection, I just seem to lose connection to Destiny's servers.
In short, is there anything I can do to remedy this? Any router setting I should've changed for XB Live or Destiny in particular?
It seems a great game but I literally cannot finish a story mission before I'm booted back to orbit
ghos7em1
Grafter

try dmz on.gamemode off.upnp off.ids off.when i used +net router these was the best settings for p2p games.if you have 2 consoles then you need upnp on
andrewjshaw
Dabbler

@Adam C
Adam, would you be able to tell me if my upload speeds are being capped? I've read a bit on the forums about having to request this to be uncapped.
I'm trying to get my PS4 to remote play outside of my home network but it doesn't appear to be fast enough. Tbh, I may need fibre to have a good connection but I just wondered if a capped upload could be contributing.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'm not Adam C, but yes your upload appears to be capped. I'm placing an order now to remove the cap and this should complete tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
andrewjshaw
Dabbler

@Chris
AMAZING! Thank you very much Smiley
wo0x
Grafter

Anyone have any views on the connection quality indicator in-game now? 90% of the time my connection shows as completely green. Everyone else is a mixture of red and yellow. The few occasions mine is red, the game feels less laggy, lol.
Gledge

Hi I have been having BIG problems with my ps4 and plusnet gear.
This is how i fixed the problem, well sort of!
Unplug your technicolour router and plug your ps4 in to openreach box
After i asked plusnet support staff, can i log on to PSN through the openreach box (not the router), they told me NO!,
***BUT***
I did it anyway
On th PS4,
go to setting, then network, setup new connetion but go through ***PPPoE*** -(plusnet network login)
enter your network login
***(username@plusdsl.net)***
***(password) = the one you use when you phone up your acc.***
then after that set everything to auto and DO NOT USE PROXY, test you connetion.
BANG DONE
Thou this way cuts out your router and everthing connected to it, the only thing conneted to the net is your ps4 and your openreach box...
I no longer have lag or NAT problems and seems to be much quicker when loading through games
PS3 wired to router speed was 15mb up 7 down} NAT 2
ps4 wired to router speed was 30mb 6 down} NAT 2
PS4 wired to openreach box 42mb up 5 down} NAT 2 with no problems!
Let me know how you get on plz.
Gledge

Ok, who's the smart a**!
Although for the first time you start you session, you'll need to redo the sign in via pppoe.
And two days i've been doing this before i posted my idea, it's been great, two days of testing with same good results,
untill i have told my secrets. Now my speed has dropped (PS4 test) and Im on NAT 1...
10mb up and 2mb down.
i have the supposed 72mb fiber package and feels like im been robbed.
end of contract me is gone and from now on I'll keep my secrets to my-self.
Mathias
Grafter

Sounds like you have a fault if that's happening.
Also you shouldn't have to plug directly into modem to get NAT open and decent gaming. You need to know how to setup your router. If it s the standard plusnet one, i'd consider getting a better one as it can be difficult to get setup correctly.
Maybe see here for more advice on setting up your router properly:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,134182.0.html
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Still got xbox one on DMZ and recently been getting anteater error more and more. Lots of issues with party chat not working but I think that's more related to other people with closed/moderate NAT (mine always shows open as it should on DMZ) going to factory reset all my networking gear tomorrow and hopefully sort it out!
wo0x
Grafter

Coconut and Groundhog errors tonight.
mlu035

Same issues here - instability and kicks from day 1 (release day). Getting worse. Now can't even login to the game as getting MarionBerry, despite PS4 NAT reporting Type 2 (is Type 1 even possible).
I've Fixed IP address the console and DMZ'd that IP address - no improvement. Opened up lots of ports - no improvement. Turned off the firewall on my Belkin router - no improvement.
Console is cabled into the router, not connected wirelessly. PSN works fine.
Any help much appreciated. Suspect I'll be having a long call with plusnet tech support tonight.
Sad
ghos7em1
Grafter

if you are using technicolor router then dmz will not fix you problems.log into router via telnet and cone all udp ports the game uses.also type ids config state=disabled.i would give you a link on how to do it but cant because im doing this from xbox not pc.hope it helps  Smiley