cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny - Anyone having connection issues.

Justin7
Grafter

Re: Destiny - Anyone having connection issues.

You paid how much? !      Grin
wo0x
Grafter

How are you guys finding the PvP element? I don't have any disconnections, but the lag and delay is unreal. Every close quarters encounter results in a trade, and damage I deal to people is only deducted from their health several seconds after they've vanished from my view. It's a horrible experience at the moment. It's actually worse than BF4, which I never thought possible.
ghos7em1
Grafter

well £44.99. £4.99 p+p and £40 is taken from account  Shocked i can buy a router in town thats 30 times better then this pos.why did plusnet replace the wnr1000 with this joke router?
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

I did take the Xbox one back out of DMZ and as soon as I did had port issues and strict nat - gaming and upnp were on and cone nat. I'm on fibre with no pro add on. Even opening ports manually doesn't seem to fully sort the issue. Not sure why!
sully72
Grafter

ghos7em1
Grafter

if the router is not upto standard then we should have refund  Grin people have had problems for years with technicolor routers and +net continue to supply them.
Haffoc
Grafter

Quote from: DeathCubeK
Quote from: Haffoc
Quote from: Ryoga
Quote from: ghos7em1
if upnp extended security is disabled only thing you can do is use dmz option,if that dont sort your problem then you will have to buy a better router

uPnP Extended Security has been turned off now. Will find out if that has helped. Nope, didn't help one bit. Still getting 'Beaver' error message upon connecting to the Tower part of the game.

When the error happens, are you able to see the Technicolor router?
The reason I ask is that Destiny seems to do something funky to mine. At the time I get disconnected and get an error, the router will show only the broadband led, then the ethernet, Internet and wifi leds, then the broadband led, then back to ethernet internet wifi. It will repeat this about 5 times, then either resets, or recconects.
Destiny is the only time this happens, so its something the game is doing.

I am having exactly the same problem with Destiny on PS4 with the tg582n. When the Destiny connection drops, my router seems to  hitch and I  lose connection with my phone too. My ps4 is wired, so it's not the wifi. Making it unplayable.

Yeah, forgot to mention that it kills the internet connection completely until the router resets or reconnects itself.
Whether it's the router at fault or not, it's only Destiny that seems to trigger it, but when it happens, all devices briefly lose connection.
Justin7
Grafter

You need to get another router. There were similar problems with technicolour router for killzone. It would seem that that kind of router has issues handling certain types of up Nat requests.
ghos7em1
Grafter

i agree m8 i got my hands on a netgear router and my connection is alot better for gaming.i wont be using the technicolor router again  Grin
benw72

Hi Guys,
Could you try to run the following commands via telnet on the 582n and see if it helps:
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=3658
:connection bind application=CONE(UDP) port=10070
:saveall
Thanks,
Ben
Justin7
Grafter

Quote from: ghos7em1
i agree m8 i got my hands on a netgear router and my connection is alot better for gaming.i wont be using the technicolor router again  Grin

Yeah definitely feel it's the Technicolour router.
dokez777
Dabbler

so switched to a netgear router and got 3 disconnections whilst doing a strike tonight. DMZ enabled, ports opened.
Really really annoying now.
Some errors are saying its packet loss, and if you do a network test on the Xbox its shows a percentage of packets that are loss.
Come in PLUSNET, sort it out please.
ghos7em1
Grafter

did you enable dmz and port forwarding?both together will cause disconnects.change nat filter to open
dokez777
Dabbler

enabled DMZ and entered all the ports.
ghos7em1
Grafter

turn port forwarding off just leave dmz on  Wink