cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Destiny - Anyone having connection issues.

Ryoga
Dabbler

Destiny - Anyone having connection issues.

Recently, I've been getting disconnected from the Bungie servers. The errors messages from the game are: Bee, Leopard, Ferret, Beaver. These error messages are associated with network problems. I've already open ports 35000-35099 UDP & 3074 UDP via telnet, as well as the other ports needed for PlayStation Network. Short from getting a BT Powerline adapter to go wired, (need to get a multiport one, not the single port I have right now) I can't think of any reason why I am getting disconnected like this.
These are the ports that Destiny require:
7500-17899 (TCP) Outbound
30000-40399 (TCP) Outbound
35000-35099 (UDP) Inbound and Outbound
3074 (UDP) Inbound and Outbound
Has Destiny been added to the list of games of allowed traffic within PlusNet's network setup? Just want to rule out everything before taken drastic measures (like setting up a DMZ, etc)
106 REPLIES 106
andrewl123

Re: Destiny - Anyone having connection issues.

Yes I'm constantly getting disconnected. Very annoying when you're trying to complete Strikes with mates and then you get disconnected half way through. I'd say it happens about once an hr at least. Similar error names to you. Seems to be worse at peak times so probably related to lack of capacity / traffic shaping / connection dropouts. Will work flawlessly from time to time but then just takes a hissy fit and I have to reconnect everything. I do live in a small town and the exchange is relatively old but should have a solid 7-8mb line in any case. Also have done everything on my end (static IP/ wired line/ DMZ to my console).
sully72
Grafter

server disconnection a lot last night ,but seems alright tonight xbox one...
sully72
Grafter

seems to be affecting quite a few http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/69202120/0/0
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Can one of you guys ask on that thread for ISP and region?
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Emwave

Any update on this, it's getting seriously annoying getting kicked constantly. Just now if I try to join anything my whole internet seems to go down for a few seconds, not just playstation connection but my ipad as well loses connection
ghos7em1
Grafter

@emwave are all the udp ports coned by telnet? are you using gamemode? if game mode is on turn it off.then test it out  Smiley
Ryoga
Dabbler

Sometimes, Destiny tells me I have a strict NAT, but I already have my incoming ports open via CONE. It's as if my PlusNet router closes the ports from time to time. Whether the uPnP feature is the culprit (that is, it's not clever enough to keeps certain ports open after a period of time, I have no idea. I might have to create a DMZ. Or we need a better router...
ghos7em1
Grafter

if you have gamemode enabled then it will delete all the udp ports that you opened thats what happen to me,turn off gamemode and most of your gaming problems will go and turn upnp extended security off.plz test it  Smiley
sully72
Grafter

starting to get the error code  cattle since 20.00 pm
Ryoga
Dabbler

Quote from: ghos7em1
if you have gamemode enabled then it will delete all the udp ports that you opened thats what happen to me,turn off gamemode and most of your gaming problems will go and turn upnp extended security off.plz test it  Smiley

You need to give us instructions on how we can turn 'Game Mode' off. I don't see this anywhere on the router...
Found it. It was disabled to begin with. Made no difference...
ghos7em1
Grafter

if upnp extended security is disabled only thing you can do is use dmz option,if that dont sort your problem then you will have to buy a better router
Ryoga
Dabbler

if upnp extended security is disabled only thing you can do is use dmz option,if that dont sort your problem then you will have to buy a better router

uPnP Extended Security has been turned off now. Will find out if that has helped. Nope, didn't help one bit. Still getting 'Beaver' error message upon connecting to the Tower part of the game.
PlusNet tech guys, any Telnet commands that I can use to turn TCP/UDP flood protection on the Thomson /Technicolor TG582n router?
ghos7em1
Grafter

@ryoga ids config state=disabled
Haffoc
Grafter

Quote from: Ryoga

uPnP Extended Security has been turned off now. Will find out if that has helped. Nope, didn't help one bit. Still getting 'Beaver' error message upon connecting to the Tower part of the game.

When the error happens, are you able to see the Technicolor router?
The reason I ask is that Destiny seems to do something funky to mine. At the time I get disconnected and get an error, the router will show only the broadband led, then the ethernet, Internet and wifi leds, then the broadband led, then back to ethernet internet wifi. It will repeat this about 5 times, then either resets, or recconects.
Destiny is the only time this happens, so its something the game is doing.