cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMZ for PS3

poults13

DMZ for PS3

Please help!!!!
I am using the Thomson tg585v7 router currently with my PS3. The issue I have is that I always seem to have a strict Nat type when online gaming which effects playing and hearing friends online. I have forwarded all ports which are recommended to do on the PS3 forums and various other game forums but this has not worked. I have done this by creating a gaming application on my router as this only has X box on it and not play-station which in itself is strange to me.
In all forums it states to put my PS3 into a DMZ which is where my issue arises. This is due to the router not having any section or instructions to show you how to do this. I have my PS3 in a static ip address due to the port forwarding and it is running on a wireless connection.
Someone please help as its so frustrating.
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: DMZ for PS3

Although this refers to the Xbox  the last post explains how to do what you want http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,90636.0
poults13

Thanks for this but only one problem.
When I click on the PS3 device and then go into apply static public IP address for it my PS3 then does not appear in the drop down box provided?
Any ideas.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Don't know what games you are playing but as far as Black Ops is concerned it is an issue for Treyarch to sort as I have my PS3 on DMZ and most times Black Ops says 'Open', other times it says 'Moderate'.
Put MW2 in and it's 'Open' all the time.
I don't use a thomson router so can't help there.... (Billion 7800N in use)
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
poults13

Its any online game at the moment to be honest including Black Ops. Realise from all the forums that this game in particular has been dogged with problems.  Would be nice to get moderate or open Nat types!!!!!!!!
As I said it seems with this router there is no way I can seem to put the PS3 into a DMZ. As I stated I have followed all the various instructions to do the port forwarding but this does not help it seems. Last chance is the DMZ route as you have yours in but can't find out in any forum how to do this with the router I have (Thomson tg585v7).
mrbuckfastPS3

Hi every 1

Right 1st , since i jumped to plus net  my k/d is dropping im def getting lag, when connected to friends with  virgin impossible to play, with sky its a hit or a miss and talk talk most time its a miss.
at beginning of year i ditched my bt hub for a belkin my ratio went from 0.96 to 1.12 in 3 weeks.3tho kills over deaths.With my Nat type moderate
then i came to plus net  watching kill cams that show me not even firing ,what i see is me fire first full clips and being killed with same gun ,perks and half the bullets.
I have tried every thing  this router that router port forwarding and DMZ it all comes down to something i been trying to find out for about 3 years.
not the interleave or distance from exchange its done my nut in .
I might not know names and terms of stuff  but  when it comes to cod i know my stuff i was in top 30 for time played w@w ,that's not a brag as i was in top 40 for being killed 70 days mw2 65 w@w .I'm on PS3 number 9 so this been stuff i have noticed
So doesn't matter about moderate Nat type the best games i have had been mod.so I'm off now for a humping due to whatever reason black ops there will be lag,shouting and a ASBO coming my way Angry
HaydnExport
Grafter

Sounds like your connecting to bad hosts , have you tried the max premium add on ?  It doubles your upload and gets you priority at peak times.  I get host a lot with it.  What game modes do you play on blackops ?