Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crazy Lagging with PS5 on ethernet

FIXED
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Crazy Lagging with PS5 on ethernet

My son has a problem with gaming online with PS5 even with an ethernet cable he plays Fortnite and on PS5 gets rubberbanding/ lag even though the ping to the euro server is 14ms. the weird thing is when he plays on PS4 via ethernet or wi-fi he gets no issues at all, I tried other online games and get the same results PS5 lags like crazy PS4 is fine.

The PS5 is using the exact network settings as the PS4 and yet I don't know why it's having issues and the PS4 is not, I tried port forwarding and putting in a DMZ none of it worked, I'm thinking maybe it's the Hub-one that i have and for some reason can't handle the PS5 online, I dunno, I don't have another Modem/Router to try. 

I was looking at the TPlink AC1600 V3 as a replacement but don't want to spend money on something that might not fix the problem.

Anyone have the same issues or idea what could be wrong and what I could try to fix the issue, Or is it time to replace the Hub-One.

5 REPLIES 5
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Crazy Lagging with PS5 on ethernet

I haven't had any real issues playing CoD Cold War online and no complaints from my son regarding fortnite on the PS5.
There have been comments on the PS5 sub-reddit I've seen where some users have issues with ethernet and others with wifi.
might be worth trying wifi (I know not ideal for gaming) to see if the issue persists.
I suspect the issue isn't the router or your connection if the ps4 is still working fine, though difficult to prove.
Using the SmartHub 6 I picked up off ebay here though.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Terranova667
Pro

He was using Wi-fi previously and had the issue I knew PS5 was having wi-fi issues with some modem/routers it's why I tried Ethernet but it made no difference,  It is strange that the PS4 works fine but not the PS5, maybe the Hub-one just can't handle whatever PS5 is doing i don't know, might just bite the bullet and get the Tplink.

Terranova667
Pro

So I took the plunge and ordered the TP-Link AC1600 v3, I have a feeling the HUB-one is to blame I did a reboot yesterday just to see what would happen and the PS5 was fine but this morning back to lagging again, Still unsure why it doesn't affect the PS4 at all, Will see how the TP-Link fairs when it arrives.  

Terranova667
Pro

Fix

Ok so Tp-link arrived today connected it up and tried out the PS5 and it's flawless no sign of lag at all, will see how things are over the weekend but it looks like the fault was with the HUB-One for whatever reason. 

Terranova667
Pro

So It looks very much like the Hub-One was to blame for the PS5 issues, the TP-Link has been flawless not a sign of lag or any other problem, Still no clue why the HUb-One had issues, that said the firmware on it hasn't seen an update in nearly two years which to be honest is pretty poor, The TP-Link had a firmware update back in December so still very much being kept up to date.