cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counter Strike Source ping high

titosfuneral

Counter Strike Source ping high

I just swapped into plus.net - and play a lot of CSS. However, my ping to the main clan server has doubled from under 20 to 40-45 on normal use. (It occasionally drops to 25 but it used to occasionally drop to 12) I see that CSS is in the list of prioritised games, so that's fine. Is there anything i can do to check where the ping problem is? (or if there even is a problem)
Oh and I've been lagged out a few times in the last few days.. pings of >999ms
6 REPLIES 6
James
Grafter

Re: Counter Strike Source ping high

Hi there,
Welcome to PlusNet and Community Smiley
What this will probably be a case of is that interleaving will have been applied to your line as part of your migration.  Interleaving improves the level of stability on your connection, but causes your ping times to increase.
If you would like me to, I'll be more than happy to place an order to remove interleaving, which would be completed overnight.
titosfuneral

that sounds good to me - do I need to send you my account details, or can you see that from the forums?
Is there going to be a big downside for streaming video? My other half watches sport on the internet.. (nothing else I'm worried about)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

He can pick that up from the forum username, it's linked in our backend system to the customer details area.
Out of curiosity where is the server based and what pings do you get to these CSS servers?
212.159.6.233:27015
212.159.6.233:27035
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
titosfuneral

The server is in the Bristol area.

As for the  plusnet servers:
212.159.6.233:27015     120-130ms
212.159.6.233:27035     60ms
So yes please.. de-interleave me!
I'll also run wireshark and see what I can find.
Firejack
Grafter

Quote from: titosfuneral
This is most likely from you being disconnected. Could be the case the training process for ADSL MAX has kicked in again since you switched ISP's. I experienced similar problems when I changed to ADSL MAX. If its still a problem after 10 days I'd raise it as a fault. Otherwise I can only suggest you are patient for the next 10 days until the training process has ended.
titosfuneral

Quote from: Firejack
Quote from: titosfuneral
This is most likely from you being disconnected. Could be the case the training process for ADSL MAX has kicked in again since you switched ISP's. I experienced similar problems when I changed to ADSL MAX. If its still a problem after 10 days I'd raise it as a fault. Otherwise I can only suggest you are patient for the next 10 days until the training process has ended.

When I'm the only one? That would surprise me... I'm an admin on the server.
Actually I know it's not a disconnect, because it happens over a minute or two, with some interaction to the server in the meantime.
As for the training process.. I should have realised there was one in play.  Roll_eyes