Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counter Strike Global Offensive Issues

JohnDalton
Grafter

Counter Strike Global Offensive Issues

Hello Plusnet community forum,
I'm an avid CS:GO player but I am hampered by the fact that every time I try to play a competitive game via matchmaking, I am told in my party of friends that I failed to accept the game, when in fact I had no accept button to click and neither have my friends. It gets stuck on the confirming match, but then it says "A game was found for you, but John failed to accept."
I've Googled this a lot, and found numerous things on Steam forum that haven't helped at all.
I login to my router, disconnect the connection, then reconnect it and all is fine and dandy, but maybe 2 or 3 games later, it happens again resulting in my resetting my connection. I've also turned my router off and on at the power countless times, but this takes a lot of time and wastes not only mine but my friends also.
I also have a problem with my router where the red light for internet is on, yet I can still browse and go about my business as usual.
I'm pulling my hair out with this connection now, as at my old address on a 6mb down and 0.2 up, it was completely fine, and this also doubts weather I want to enter a 24 month unlimited fibre contract with you.
It's either a fault in the line, a fault in my router or something in the faceplate which is the original from the previous tennant.
My setup is from the phone socket downstairs, into a filter, into an RJ11, into the router upstairs. Worked fine at my last address, seems not to be the case here.
Thank you for reading
John
55 REPLIES 55
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Counter Strike Global Offensive Issues

Hi
Could you post your router stats?
JohnDalton
Grafter

What do you mean?
My router is a TG582n with 8.4.4.J firmware?
dick:quote
wo0x
Grafter

JohnDalton
Grafter

Here is what I got here, I think I did it right?  Embarrassed
AndyH
Grafter

Hi
I think I've found out the cause:
Current implementation of player's game client tries to ping the game server before it presents the player with the green "ACCEPT" button. If the game client fails to ping the game server then the match will not start and an error message explaining that player failed to ping the game server or failed to accept the match is shown. There would be no "reconnect" option since the match didn't get fully accepted and didn't start.

There's some potential fixes (http://steamcommunity.com/app/730/discussions/0/864956555067235792/): Steam-> View -> Settings-> In-Game -> set "In-Game server browser: Max Pings/Minute" to 250
Apparently, the reason it happens is that the NAT tables on your router fill up and cannot accept any new connections. When rebooting the router, you clear the NAT tables and this is why it fixes the issue.
Mathias
Grafter

So the router is the limiting factor? Could do with refreshing its own NAT table when it becomes full. Sounds a bit crap.
Do other routers perform better to this regards, if so how?
AndyH
Grafter

A quick google shows it as a common problem - even with very top end routers.
JohnDalton
Grafter

I've Googled this so much before, I've done the lowest setting for max pings and it still doesn't help. It's doing my head in now  Roll_eyes
JohnDalton
Grafter

This is getting ridiculous now, twice in one day I've had to do this. So fed up of it.  Angry
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Does it state anywhere on the game what your NAT Type is at all?
JohnDalton
Grafter

Nope, not at all sadly
JohnDalton
Grafter

Still no solution to this, despite manually setting my i.p and dns and also port forwarding.
Starting to think it's this router that is broken as it's fine after rebooting (power off switch), and sometimes it works if I login and disconnect then reconnect the connection.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Do you have another router to test with?
JohnDalton
Grafter

Sadly not, this is my first internet package I've ever got as my mum could never afford it.
Today I've literally been playing one competitive, resetting, one competitive, resetting, one competitive etc etc.