cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could someone reccomend me a good compatible router ^_^

Toffeegerbil
Dabbler

Re: Could someone reccomend me a good compatible router ^_^

The billion looks good, will have to save up though, just spent most of my money on a nvidia 480 :<
Would be great if you could test out ntw for me ^_^
Grff
Grafter

Re: Could someone reccomend me a good compatible router ^_^

Quote from: A
Netgear say...
A router normally stops incoming Internet traffic from getting on your network, unless the traffic is in response to one of your computers or when using port forwarding. But instead of discarding the incoming traffic or using port forwarding, you can send incoming traffic to one computer on your network by establishing a "Default DMZ Server". (DMZ =

It's running with your firewall off and all ports open Grin

Just to catch up, may not be relevent now as the OP may have sorted their problem.
DMZ'ing your xobx IP address only exposes the xbox.  An xbox isn't a PC, and it only responds to what it needs to.  Yes it exposes it to the web, but there's no xbox virus out in the wild, and as far as i've read noone has had any issues with hacking from it being putting it in a DMZ.  .
I'd go with trying uPnp, then port forwarding, then DMZ if all else fails.  As long as you make sure a PC in the house doesn't grab the xbox's ip address, you'll be OK with an xbox in a DMZ.