Did you mean: 

Console Poll

techguy
Grafter

Re: Console Poll

I have several reasons for wanting an Xbox
1. Alan Wake
2. Forza Motorsport
3. I'm not loaded like PS3 owners and besides I wouldn't pay nearly £400 for a games console when I could get a fairly decent laptop.  Smiley
dvorak
Fixes: 1,484

Not sure when 299 became nearly 400 ?  Roll_eyes
Also it runs Linux quite happily and also fulfils the media centre requirements you mentioned sometime ago.
What on earth is kiaded?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Euge
Grafter

why pay £400 for something that costs £200? If space is an issue, buy a bigger hard drive which easily install s
techguy
Grafter

typing and eye test needed, meant loaded
http://www.pricerunner.co.uk/cl/52/Game-Consoles?search=Playstation+3&other_hits=624%3A|570%3Aps3|19... gives price range of console at 230-400 quid
Johnlewis has it marked up at £287 with Killzone 2 but the 360 is positively a bargin at £165.

techguy
Grafter

Quote from: Euge
why pay £400 for something that costs £200? If space is an issue, buy a bigger hard drive which easily install s

Main reason I'm even considering a console is Alan Wake whenever it comes out and as a Remedy/MS title its unlikely to appear on the PS3 ever.
Euge
Grafter

I'll admit I've never heard of Alan Wake, if it's any good I'll look for it when it comes out on the PC.
My point about the jasper taking 150W is that you can read that on the box specs to see if you are getting the right xbox. Not sure whether you paid attention to my priceless advice techy.
Only problem with this topic is that any outsider thinks that we take this all seriously when in reality we are all grown up enough to know better. I don't dislike Xbox but I do love playstation and I enjoy the bluray. Everyone has their reason for buying whatever console they have. In reality no matter which one you buy, you are going to love it. Even if I could only afford a wii, and would therefore miss out on the depth of the games of more powerful consoles, I would still have fun.
I had the fortune of having someone who worked at Sainsburys who got me 10% of the price and my ps2 had recently died RIP so I needed the 60gb version. As it is my games machine as well as my dvd player.
techguy
Grafter

Yes I did get your point thank you  Smiley just kidding
As for Alan Wake, have a look at the trailer at http://'www.alanwake.com
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Ok I've weakened to the point where I've bought a Wii.
I was mildly disappointed to find I had to pay to browse the internet but having a PC and Laptop handy it's no big deal.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine