Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CoD 4 Lag Spikes

James
Grafter

Re: CoD 4 Lag Spikes

@Discord
Were you seeing similar problems after doing a reboot?
General reports from last night suggest an improvement although it's not fixed yet.
Marky
Dabbler

no improvement tonight for me - pings 100+ on multiple gateways
bonmeggie
Dabbler

Cant be bothered saying this anymore, just want my traffic to stop be so miss prioritised. It seems I can do everything but game in the evening with a good high qaulity connection. According to my ticket I have to wait about 5 more days because of some sort of freeze out. I would love to see what Jameseh has to say about my ticket because I am finding it hard to believe at the moment.
volta84
Grafter

Hello,
This is my first post here but all I can say is... "Damn!"
I'm currently waiting to get connected to Plusnet PRO for £19.99 a month. The 100% reason I have just switched from O2 is because of Peak time gaming (they are terrible 200ms+ pings)
I was assured several times over the phone when registering that this won't be a problem with the PRO package, I hope the adviser (Hannah) has not fobbed me off in trying to get another customer.
I was paying £7.49 a month for O2s 8meg. (being on O2 mobile contract) I REALLY hope i've not made a mistake with Plusnet Sad
damnit.
scootie
Grafter

there has bein speed issues and ping issues but i belive the pings are getting abit better. ie PN do work at correcting things and fill you about alot other isp's dont.
did you go for adsl2+ when you signed up?
i ask as there run over diffrent links this issue here is with the 20cn maxDSL.
am on 21cn adsl2 and have bein since the trial and currently the latency issue is this one at midnight for anything up till 1-2am. but during peak time latency is fine on 21cn adsl2+.
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,80166.0.html
welcome to PN and the forum and am sure reading about and seeing the staff so active on the forum will be a huge diffrence from your last isp
volta84
Grafter

I can't get ADSL2 sadly, just plain old 8meg..
I have noticed the staff are pretty active on these forums which is a good sign already. Will just have to wait and see I suppose Smiley
Andy.
James
Grafter

Re:CoD 4 Lag Spikes

Hiya,
It's actually not as bad as you might think.  The last reply you had, which whilst you would have no way of knowing, was confirmation that it was being fixed and should be done so with our next batches of game fixes, which we do weekly.
bonmeggie
Dabbler

Re:CoD 4 Lag Spikes

Quote from: Jameseh
Hiya,
It's actually not as bad as you might think.  The last reply you had, which whilst you would have no way of knowing, was confirmation that it was being fixed and should be done so with our next batches of game fixes, which we do weekly.

Thank you James, hopefully we will see an end to it and I can get back to pwning noobs! Cheesy
shazwildcat
Dabbler

So glad this isn't just me - I was getting ready to do Wiresharks etc, but I'll give PN some leeway as its still much better than what I used to get with Orange.
Most annoying thing is the inconsistency. I can start a game with good ping then it peaks and drops right through - very hard to get your eye in.
scootie
Grafter

ive just chucked cod4 in again for a blast and noticed the same even on 21cn, one game i will be full of green bars the next match i was on 2 bars and all the time geting the side ways slide effect but i was host all the time no matter what the lag meter said  Huh
icmp pings are fine to bbc thoe just checked
Jbo82

Hi chaps,
Would just like to say I am in exactly the same position. Been with plusnet since october 2008 on the Option 2 Broadband your way. Up until last a month ago my broadband has been superb, no dropouts, no high pings, 6-7mbps speeds. But this last month, the service has been dreadful. I have posted a ticket to the support and I keep on going around in circles. They keep on sending me the 'We can escalate to Bt but will cost £169 if an engineer finds no fault' nonsense. I am away at sea until thurs so will check it out again. Anyway, no matter what part of the day I do a speed check, the ping is always around 150 - 170 and speed can be anything from nothing up to about 3mbps. On the speedtest.net check the needle starts raising on the download test but then stops and stutters and it takes forever to do the download test. I guess the connection must be dropping at these moments!! Anyway hope Plusnet will get it sorted otherwise I'm going to have to move provider as Cod4 part 2 is out and I NEED a good connection!